Life Cycle at the Labia

Chubba

we thoroughly enjoyed the show although the previous film, "Follow Me" was a bit more action packed.

We were a bit frustrated over the late start, maybe advertise next time as "drinks and eats available from 6:30 and film starts at 8" to avoid confusion and unnecessary rushing.

As for the price - we have no problem paying R65 for a movie of this calibre - it's not designed for the mass market and if we fail to support these smaller productions, they won't be financially viable. If you want to watch something cheaper, Smurfs 3D is showing :P

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wikipaedia: The Labia family was a noble family of Venice. Originally merchants of Spanish origin, they bought their titles from the Venetian Republic in 1646. In the beginning of the 18th century the family built the Palazzo Labia on the Cannaregio Canal in Venice, at that time they were one of the wealthiest families in Europe." Personally, I would have changed it ... but then I also know a gay guy of surname Seaman, had a boss called Allcock ...

From Wikipaedia: The Labia family was a noble family of Venice. Originally merchants of Spanish origin, they bought their titles from the Venetian Republic in 1646. In the beginning of the 18th century the family built the Palazzo Labia on the Cannaregio Canal in Venice, at that time they were one of the wealthiest families in Europe." Personally, I would have changed it ... but then I also know a gay guy of surname Seaman, had a boss called Allcock ...

I went into the canal, past the labia, while on holiday in Venice. ;)

Just to clarify, the food is for sale and not sponsored as was the case with the Follow Me screening last year.

Have to say that I was blown away by the movie. If you didn't enjoy it then you just don't have an appreciation for brilliant cinematography and editing. No offence intended btw. To each his own.

I felt the trailers and fillers were all relevant and highly enjoyable.

R65 was a bargain IMHO.

Just to clarify, the food is for sale and not sponsored as was the case with the Follow Me screening last year.

Have to say that I was blown away by the movie. If you didn't enjoy it then you just don't have an appreciation for brilliant cinematography and editing. No offence intended btw. To each his own.

I felt the trailers and fillers were all relevant and highly enjoyable.

R65 was a bargain IMHO.

None taken....as I stated, the cinematography was amazing....but I liked Follow Me more.

And wrt the timing, the ticket said 7pm start, but the website clearly stated 7pm for 8:30pm screening

Didn’t go onto the site.

I was, funnily enough, quite dissapointed with Follow Me. Coming from the guys that made up The Collective(less one member), I felt it slipped away from the originality that The Collective movies brought to action movies and became more of the 'just guys doing big stunts' crowd. I got a bit bored with that at the end :-)

I was, funnily enough, quite dissapointed with Follow Me. Coming from the guys that made up The Collective(less one member), I felt it slipped away from the originality that The Collective movies brought to action movies and became more of the 'just guys doing big stunts' crowd. I got a bit bored with that at the end :-)

Follow Me was also my least fave of the Collective Anthill Films, but seeing it on a screen at Monte was cool. My fave is still Roam, followed by Seasons and The Collective.

Guess i don’t have too much to judge against, have only seen these two. Will try get the others on DVD.

Guess i don’t have too much to judge against, have only seen these two. Will try get the others on DVD.

If it's action you're after, check out the NWD films.

have to say i really enjoyed it, thought it was beautifully shot. also really enjoyed the morewood handmade piece before

I enjoyed the evening out.

I don't think I will buy the DVD when it comes out, I prefer Seasons and Follow Me.

I CANT WAIT! for 3 Minute Gaps.