32GI

ridr

jy kan dit by Bodyandbike in Bloemhof straat in Bellville ook koop teen R40 goedkoper as die voorgestelde retail prys. Ek het myne daar gekry en hulle het al die geure en BAIE voorraad!!

Yes! and go there for a massage too! lovely place!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Helloisie, no matter how much other people rave about any product - don't race on it before seeing how you react to it. I have a sensitive stomach and cannot tolerate everything, so I test everything beforehand on training rides.

Make sure it works for you and don't affect you negatively before going to a funride armed with a new product.

Totally agree with you SeaBee, please guys remember never race on a product without training on it first. When testing a product try it a few times, make sure you test it under the right conditions, and understand how your body responds to it. Once you understand the ins and outs then apply it to racing, as you will know exactly what you are getting out of it and how it will benefit you the most. You will also know how to use it with habit and not play a guessing game.

Later

M

thanks all for the good advice! seeing that my lbs stocks the 32gi chews i will go get some,go for a ride tomorrow and try it out. i'll be carefull with the stuff :D

Awesome.

Do you know where he gets the raw caffeine from to do that? Could probably get it from the chemist?

I am currently starting to cut out my caffeine out of my daily life and my diet has shifted to eat mostly only low gi foods.

I figured for myself, there is enough evidence out there that the low gi drink works well on the bike for long or short events.

But for me to make a successful transition to using it I need to

A. Get my entire diet down to as healthy as possible (GI wise)

B. I need to get rid of my caffeine addiction as I am going to have serious cravings while on the bike (headaches, unable to focus etc) I used to have at least 5 cups + of coffee during the day and now dropping the amount has left me with headaches and I feel terrible.

So I am currently on 1-2 cup daily, by next week I will try to drop it to one every two days.

You see I have been worried that if I am so dependent on coffee now, what is going to happen to me on a endurance event like the DC when I am not getting in my normal amount of caffeine. I am going to suffer more than I should.

So I rather want to get off totally and then try add it only for events or for heavy training.

Im not really worried about the elevated HR. I have in the past had so many caffeine gels etc on races and it has all worked out ok. Im still here B) I have even popped grandpa tablets on some races where my back was killing me - I know it is not good for your kidneys, but I was desperate, and that contains extra caffeine as well. I got my HR to just over 200 once, but I was pretty close to bringing up my guts then.

So I know that if I can shift totally clean, then adding a bit of the stimulant it will help me more and I will still be on the safe side (legally and physically).

But I suppose as you said, I will need to test it out to see how it agrees with my system as well.

Shot for the advice!

Found some caffeine tablets at the pharmacy the other day.

They are called regmakers and they contain 150mg of caffeine. (nothing else)

About R16 for 10 I think it was.

So I will experiment on the weekend to see how my body reacts to some of those in my drink.

Now just to find some ephedrine..... :D only kidding.

okay here is my opinion after using the 32Gi for the first time...

I normally use the Fit energy drink, which worked well...gives energy...only problem it only kicks in like after 45min of cycling, but tastes very well.

After chatting to Michael van Staden he recommended the 32Gi, I bought it from his website, and tried it today for the first time. I bought the lime flavour...my opinion....it was a windy cycle today and also ate 15min prior to my cycle which was kind of stupid....so even on my full stomach and the wind i maintained the same average of 32km/h over 52km cycling by myself and afterwards I felt great. I will test it for about a month and see how I improve, I also did a cycle yesterday where there was no wind using my other energy drink...

So in the end...I would use 32Gi any day again because it works :)

Found some caffeine tablets at the pharmacy the other day.

They are called regmakers and they contain 150mg of caffeine. (nothing else)

About R16 for 10 I think it was.

So I will experiment on the weekend to see how my body reacts to some of those in my drink.

Now just to find some ephedrine..... :D only kidding.

Ah, the good old days of regmakers, them bad boys fueled many late night study sessions...

But if you over do it you're bouncing off the walls. Not sure how that would fel on a bike though, would be intersting.

I have purchased 32Gi (Rasberry) and are experimenting with it on morning rides in order to get use to it.....working towards my next MTB marathon on 4 September where I will exclusively ride on 32Gi....will keep you updated... :) Oh, the Rasberry flavour is quite lekka and as another Hubber stated, it mixes very easy! Everything going well thus far! :D

i bought 2 of the chew sachets yesterday and found something odd...or not?

a yellow sticker stuck out from underneath the back label(nutritional info) so peeled it off and found a best before date of 19/11/10 on it and over that yellow sticker was another white sticker with just 29/07/20 on it...now i am confused...and why hidden underneath???

i just bought the last 2 tubs at Canal Walk Dischem @ R229 each.. gonna give it a try..

i bought 2 of the chew sachets yesterday and found something odd...or not?

a yellow sticker stuck out from underneath the back label(nutritional info) so peeled it off and found a best before date of 19/11/10 on it and over that yellow sticker was another white sticker with just 29/07/20 on it...now i am confused...and why hidden underneath???

Hi there Helloise

The one is the internal batch number is the one that says 29/07/20 the other one is the expiry date.., the batch number is ours for internal use should we need to track a problem product the exposed sticker is consumer based meaning expiry date. Sorry for the confusion.

all the best

Mark

Hi all

More and more Dis-Chems have come on board as 32Gi stockists, please click on the following link

32Gi Stockists

to check the latest stockists list.

all the best

M

The following Dis-Chems have comne on board as 32Gi stockists this week.

Krugersdorp

Rustenberg

La Lucia

Hazeldean, Pretoria

Willowbrodge Centre (Tyger valley)

Somerset West

The MTN Cullinan National Marathon is tomorrow, 32Gi will be there filling up bottles before the start of the race if any of you are interested. Otherwise feel free to come chat to us, afterwards - Fuelled by 32Gi

all the best

Mark

Archived