Pro Transfers

TNT1

Just saw on Twitter that he signed with Team Sky.

That has been a rumor for a long time and I was very glad to finally hear it was official the other day! :thumbup:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hree-time world champion Óscar Freire will race his final season as a professional with Katusha. The Spanish daily MARCA reported that Freire penned a deal with the Russian team yesterday.

I see GEOX has folded. Wonder who will get the bargain of the year and sign Cobo cheap-cheap.

Also, I see Christopher Jennings has signed with Rapha Condor Sharp. Well done lad. Fly the saffa flag.

Green edge will be a big team next year,they dont need a sponsor. they have a big finacial backer like BMC did and Garmin did at the start.they have funds for 3 years.

JL Augustyn going to a small Italian team called Flaminia. not the best team but at least he got a ride to stay in the game.

He was just a liability towards team sky.....hopefully he actually cycle for a change now

I see GEOX has folded. Wonder who will get the bargain of the year and sign Cobo cheap-cheap.

Also, I see Christopher Jennings has signed with Rapha Condor Sharp. Well done lad. Fly the saffa flag.

'Berto is looking for another super climber to support him in 2012.

Rijs is out of budget though, he declares.

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Valverde to join Movistar after serving his ban...

Interesting.

From velonews:

Alejandro Valverde will return to the peloton next season in a Movistar jersey.

Team officials announced Friday that the Spanish rider, who was caught up in the Operación Puerto doping ring, will be officially introduced as a team member for 2012 in a press conference Tuesday in Madrid.

Edited by ' Dale

Ol' Robbie Hunter at the Garmin-Cervelo team presentations.

He is drafted in as one of the sprint train.

Rasmussen also back in the mix...

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/11/18/2/mjohnson_20111117_1184_600.jpg

Ol' Robbie Hunter at the Garmin-Cervelo team presentations.

He is drafted in as one of the sprint train.

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/11/18/2/mjohnson_20111117_1184_600.jpg

Reckon he can count himself lucky to still get contracted. Very happy for him though

Alex Rasmussen, not Michael IliedaboutbeinginMehico Rasmussen.

Interestingly, Alex Rasmussen was just cleared of missing three doping tests... because his federation didn't inform him within the stipulated 14 days. So, off on a technicality, snapped up by Garmin. Nothing has changed in this stupid sport.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmph! <_<

After the Pegasus debacle, here enters...

GreenEDGE Cycling is proud to announce that the UCI has approved its license application for WorldTour status. On the basis of the documentation submitted to the UCI License Commission, GreenEDGE has been granted a UCI World Tour license for the 2012-2013 period. This announcement gives Australia its first team in the WorldTour with a roster of 30 riders competing from 2012.

“This is a key moment for Australian cycling and we are proud to enter the WorldTour with a new and extremely motivated project,” says team founder Gerry Ryan. “I am convinced that we will bring great moments and a lot of passion to the sport with this team. I’d like to use this opportunity to congratulate the entire team and all of our partners with this important, historical step.”

The final determination of the WorldTour teams is due to be announced in November.

GreenEdge for 2012 (incomplete)

Michael Albasini (Switzerland) (133rd), Fumiyuki Beppu (Japan) (143rd), Jack Bobridge (211th), Simon Clarke, Baden Cooke, Allan Davis, Mitchell Docker, Simon Gerrans (39th), Matt Goss (17th), Leigh Howard, Brett Lancaster, Robbie McEwen (157th), Cameron Meyer (42nd), Travis Meyer, Stuart O’Grady (175th), Matt Wilson, Wesley Sulzberger (all Australia), Julian Dean (New Zealand), Daryl Impey (South Africa), Jens Keukeleire (Belgium),Sebastian Langeveld, Jens Mouris and Pieter Weening (Netherlands),Christian Meier and Svein Tuft (Canada), Daniel Teklehaimanot* (Eritrea) and Tomas Vaitkus (Lithuania).

greenedge the 1st ever australian world tour team! :thumbup: spreading the sport across the globe :clap:

Edited by ' Dale

Menchov going to Katusha after the crash of his Geox team:

Russian Denis Menchov will race for the Katusha team from next season, moving from the soon-to-be defunct Geox-TMC squad, his new WorldTour team announced Monday.

Menchov, 33, has twice made the podium in the Tour de France, posting third-place finishes in 2008 and 2010. He also won the Giro d’Italia in 2009 and the Vuelta a España in 2005 and 2007.

• 3 weeks later...

Juanjo Cobo will return to Movistar next season as the Spanish outfit carved room in its budget to make space for the defending Vuelta a España champion.

Movistar announced Friday that Cobo, who was looking at unemployment in the wake of the closure of his Geox-TMC squad, will return to Movistar colors for 2012.

Cobo rode a terrible season with Movistar in 2010, when he could barely manage to finish races and nearly quit the sport. A return to Geox-TMC (formerly Saunier Duval) in 2011 saw a reversal of fortune and he delivered a surprising Vuelta win this year.

:clap: :clap: :clap: