Pro Transfers

TNT1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Augustyn loose his contract at Sky?

Can't blame them....he was more of a liability than actually cycling....doing what he is supposed to be doing.

Nothing, why?

Didn't read the previous post where it stated Daryl left.

Didn't read the previous post where it stated Daryl left.

Why would he stay at a Continental team when he's offered a ride on a ProTour squad?

Man I hope it doesn't fail to launch like that other Australian team...

With the line up they have, they have been scoring points from a number of riders (based on their positions in the current World Ranking) - only one more race to go (Giro il Lombardia).

With a number of teams merging and the demise of HTC there will be spaces available for "new" teams and perhaps one or two Pro-Conti teams.

GreenEdge has so far named 27 riders of a maximum 30 allowed for the WorldTour level. Two riders must be new professionals, and the average age of the team's riders cannot exceed 28. Daniel Teklehaimanot has already been named as a neo-pro on the team.

The UCI determines which teams earn spots in the WorldTour by taking into account points accumulated by the riders it has signed as well as financial, ethical and organisational details all included in its WorldTour application.

The final determination of the WorldTour teams is due to be announced in November.

GreenEdge for 2012 (incomplete)

Michael Albasini (Switzerland) (133rd), Fumiyuki Beppu (Japan) (143rd), Jack Bobridge (211th), Simon Clarke, Baden Cooke, Allan Davis, Mitchell Docker, Simon Gerrans (39th), Matt Goss (17th), Leigh Howard, Brett Lancaster, Robbie McEwen (157th), Cameron Meyer (42nd), Travis Meyer, Stuart O’Grady (175th), Matt Wilson, Wesley Sulzberger (all Australia), Julian Dean (New Zealand), Daryl Impey (South Africa), Jens Keukeleire (Belgium),Sebastian Langeveld, Jens Mouris and Pieter Weening (Netherlands),Christian Meier and Svein Tuft (Canada), Daniel Teklehaimanot* (Eritrea) and Tomas Vaitkus (Lithuania).

JL Augustyn had that serious injury issue with his leg or knee or something.

His results have been poor.

Not sure where he will be going.

Sounds tough.

Edited by ' Dale

With the line up they have, they have been scoring points from a number of riders (based on their positions in the current World Ranking) - only one more race to go (Giro il Lombardia).

With a number of teams merging and the demise of HTC there will be spaces available for "new" teams and perhaps one or two Pro-Conti teams.

That's not the issue. The issue is they don't have enough money.

Dear Mark,

I would happily take over your Spez Venge as you are now changing to Dogma with Team Sky.

Don't worry, I will only use it as a training bike.

Looking forward to your reply.

:huh:

Cool to see Impey with GreenEdge...

:thumbup:

Is their licensing sorted yet?

Edited by ' Dale

Green edge will be a big team next year,they dont need a sponsor. they have a big finacial backer like BMC did and Garmin did at the start.they have funds for 3 years.

JL Augustyn going to a small Italian team called Flaminia. not the best team but at least he got a ride to stay in the game.

Cool to see Impey with GreenEdge...

:thumbup:

Is their licensing sorted yet?