Bike computers

Newboy

I am looking for a new computer. Mostly mountain bike. But some road as well.

I am not really worried about cadence but might consider it. Heart rate and the other obvious data is important.

I had a look at Polar and Garmin and they both look nice. Garmin obviously have quite a few more things and the gps makes it easily interchangeable between bikes.

Any advice? Models as well please.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Polar FT80 with the separate GPS and after testing the MOBII I wish now that I had bought THAT 1 first - http://www.mobii.com/

tell us more why you like the mobi so much? I'm very interested as it has a lot of features i quite like, especially the overlaying of data onto video. That's ace!

Garmin UK sucks big time, I told them to send my replacement HRM strap with a tracking number but they don't listen. They have sent two so far and I have got none. This has been going on since April :thumbdown:

Here is the cr@p data I have to put up with :angry:

post-18048-0-27192400-1313849099.jpg

Edge 500 or 705 depending on your needs....

Been through tropical rainstorms, rivers and mudbaths with my 705, has never missed a beat!! :thumbup:

Here is todays Garmin junk :thumbdown:

Do you know what is wrong with it? I have a similar issue with my premium strap. First had spikes into the 250's - so started wearing a cotton vest to prevent static from my jersey. Now I get this:

post-14551-0-04317400-1313925229.jpg

Do you know what is wrong with it? I have a similar issue with my premium strap. First had spikes into the 250's - so started wearing a cotton vest to prevent static from my jersey. Now I get this:

post-14551-0-04317400-1313925229.jpg

Mine is not clothing related, sometimes it is the first part of the ride, sometimes the middle and sometimes the end that is faulty.

I have replaced battery

I wash the strap regularly

I have tried gel

I have tried resetting the watch

I have tried tightening the belt. I have even tightened it so much that I can't pull the HR sensor away from my chest, the elastic can't stretch any further

:angry: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

What unit and what version of software are you using chris? Didn't we solve your issue a few threads back?

@TryBoy get the Garmin Edge 500 :thumbup: Its da bomb and perfect for road, mtb and switching between bikes easily. Uploading is done via usb and much better than the infrared or sonar crap polar uses. The 500 is ready to be paired with a power meter whenever you wish to do so.

What unit and what version of software are you using chris? Didn't we solve your issue a few threads back?

@TryBoy get the Garmin Edge 500 :thumbup: Its da bomb and perfect for road, mtb and switching between bikes easily. Uploading is done via usb and much better than the infrared or sonar crap polar uses. The 500 is ready to be paired with a power meter whenever you wish to do so.

Funny, it worked properly once and I thought it was solved

It is a 310XT with premium strap

Software 3.70.0.0

Oh and if you want more info on the 500, just google DC Rainmaker, check on his blog under product reviewes, there you'll learn more about the device than you wanted to know :thumbup:

Funny, it worked properly once and I thought it was solved

It is a 310XT with premium strap

Software 3.70.0.0

Have you tried the older strap? Check DC Rainmakers blog there is an article there on problems and causes of issues. If I remember correctly he wasn't to fond of the premium straps either. I'm still using the old ones without any issues.

Sorry I'm on the mobile otherwise I would've posted links to DC Rainmakers blog

Edited by Tankman