Crater Cruise 106km

j_a_n

I frikkin love to hate this race.

I've done it 3 times and finished absolutely smashed every time.

@dangle - agreed on the bigger gear - you were spinning like a looney when I saw you!

One day I will crack 4 hours for this race - one day!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there!!! Spinning my 53/11. :clap:

And then we will see you finish on the back of a truck :thumbup:

@Eldron, if I can crack sub 4 this year on the SS then I will be happy.

And then we will see you finish on the back of a truck :thumbup:

@Eldron, if I can crack sub 4 this year on the SS then I will be happy.

If you can crack 4 hours on your SS I will add you to my hall of fame and demand your autograph :D

Dana just missed the 4 hour mark last year...Jules by 10ish minutes if memory serves.

Me - I'll be using my geared bike :D

If I can just crack 5 hours on a geared bike I'll be happy. I suffer so much at the cruise I can't even crack a joke smiley19.gif

If you can crack 4 hours on your SS I will add you to my hall of fame and demand your autograph :D

Dana just missed the 4 hour mark last year...Jules by 10ish minutes if memory serves.

Me - I'll be using my geared bike :D

I couldn't close in on Jules and Dana, they were riding 40's plus , I was on a 32, who knows, I am busy getting over some oink flu and then hopefully pick up some form.

I couldn't close in on Jules and Dana, they were riding 40's plus , I was on a 32, who knows, I am busy getting over some oink flu and then hopefully pick up some form.

Everyone I know has been crazy sick this year - my 4 hour aspirations ended after 3 months of colds, flu, ear infections, chest infections, oink flu and general misery.

I may be good again by October - here's hoping...

Good luck with the 4 hour quest!!!

I suffer so much at the cruise I can't even crack a joke [

Yup I seriously lost my sense of humour last year - krikey it was hot. Water in water bottle too hot to drink. After that race I stopped using GUI Gels, make me feel so yuk!

• 1 month later...

So, weather predictions for Saturday look better than last year, much cooler.

Gear selection???

32x14, should do???

Everyone I know has been crazy sick this year - my 4 hour aspirations ended after 3 months of colds, flu, ear infections, chest infections, oink flu and general misery.

What is this oink flu thing with you guys????/been hanging around the farm?

Still not well mate ?

I have had another setback, a rather major one ,going for another scan on the 11 th.

My 4 hour aspirations also in it's moer, I doubt I will even get close to the podium this year :thumbdown:

Yes the rain will have made a difference, at least less dust and green things up a bit. But could still be a scorcher on Sat.

I am also still battling a bit of flu: going to have to be careful not to push my immune system to hard. I will be happy to do in under 6.

Here's a press release about the contenders

Edited by kosmonooit