Sit back and have a good........

Skye

Spinnekop for president! Popeye,(and David B) go win a league race before you comment further. Fkin funriders!

Spinnekop I agree 100%, not bad for a TCS rider.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However' date=' I don't budge on my position regarding racing. I don't see a single elite rider, top Vet, top lady stepping up to the plate and publicly denouncing the practice of using all of the road when racing, regardless of road closure status. It's the unwritten rule of racing at that level... No, it's not necessarily win at all costs but it's damn close. People can sit at home and choose the moral high ground but until you ride at the front of a race and are consumed by an insatiable competitive spirit... No, I don't think you'll understand the psyche of a racer! Hey, I don't even win races but I have a choice to make when that race crosses the white line... Stay or go... So, as a licensed rider I am going to push the envelope until somebody disqualifies me...

Quite frankly I think the principle is the same with Pro cyclists and PED's, we all know it's going to kill them eventually, but yet they continue to 'sail close to the wind' until somebody disqualifies them...
[/quote']

maybe we should be looking at the organisers for this problem as well....if they had singled maybe split the lanes with the use of cones or similar and maybe positioned one or two marshalls there we wouldn't be seeing pics like this.....i agree with skye on this one and hagar.....rather not on the podium and alive than in a wheelchair.  going past pniel there were a lot of guys passing and one guy literally missed a car by the width of his pedal...thank your lucky stars you loon.....until we as cyclists and the organisers don't make a plan to stop this it never will stop. 

Spinnekop for president! Popeye,(and David B) go win a league race before you comment further. Fkin funriders!

Die bietjie respek wat ek vir jou gehad het is by die venster uit!! Dis "ons" Fkin funriders, wat JOU op die pad hou!!

Some comments:

I race with the Elites in the smaller races in Pta' date=' and I have seen some of them use oncoming traffic to attack - wait till there is a big oncoming truck, attack on the right, see how close they can cut it before swerving back, and only guys with no brains followed him. Breakaway established, no DQ's.

[/quote']

Yes, if you've raced, you know this all too well... So I would say it's not just the cyclists at fault. Some officials might need to make some unpopular decisions at the front of races, but I can imagine that when confronted with this they too assess the situation and evaluate it in the context of racing tactics...

We all know it's wrong... Fine, let's change it... And like I said before, this will surely upset the purists....

I'm sorry for ORCA' date=' he did wrong and the Club (and I hope) send him a little e-mail warning him that he put the club in a bad light and hope that he next time keep in mind that he represent the club.

He was not the only Harmony guy doing the wrong, he was just the only one caught on a photo.

I remember that Jasper wrote in our weekly newsletter that Harmony cyclist must stay away from the Bottlary road, while the had the construction going.

[/quote']

Well I guess ORCA and I can always resign as Harmony Club members, if you want to make examples.

Well I guess ORCA and I can always resign as Harmony Club members' date=' if you want to make examples.[/quote']

Why would you resign?

Spinnekop for president! Popeye' date='(and David B) go win a league race before you comment further. Fkin funriders!

[/quote']

Way to go groot lem....... I can actually think of a few better words for the 2nd half of your nickname.....

last line changed out of respect for the others on this forum.
Sean2007-12-04 03:53:51

Well I guess ORCA and I can always resign as Harmony Club members' date=' if you want to make examples.
[/quote']

Ja, maybe we must join club 100, their members is apparently immune against the white line, (they just have split personalities) VA 2?? & 2?? & 3?? cough cough  

Ja' date=' maybe we must join club 100, their members is apparently immune against the white line, (they just have split personalities) VA 2?? & 2?? & 3?? cough cough  

[/quote']

Bwahahahahhaa!!! Clap

Well I guess ORCA and I can always resign as Harmony Club members' date=' if you want to make examples.
[/quote']

Ja, maybe we must join club 100, their members is apparently immune against the white line, (they just have split personalities) VA 2?? & 2?? & 3?? cough cough  

why the ??? post the real numbers

Ok, my laaste op die onderwerp.

Ons kan hier sit en argue tot die koeie huis toe kom en elkeen het sy eie idee.

PUNT IS: PPA het 'n stel reels, jy het betaal om lid van die PPA te wees. D.W.S. toe jy betaal het jy die reels aanvaar.

http://www.pedalpower.co.za/Default.aspx?tabid=119

So,... PPA ... Pas die reels nou toe.

Verteenwoordig nou julle lede deur op te tree teenoor lede wat die reels breek en of gebreek het.

(of, verwyder die reels en sit terug tot 'n voertuid 'n klomp fietsryers dood ry in een van julle "funrides" / "Racing")

Dis nou julle verantwoordelikheid om hierdie probleem af te handel

... (nie 'n klomp hubbers op 'n internet forum)

Die bietjie respek wat ek vir jou gehad het is by die venster uit!! Dis "ons" Fkin funriders' date=' wat JOU op die pad hou!!
[/quote']

Please note....ek is ook 'n funrider saam die res van julle.

Verskil is, ek aanvaar dit.  Ek weet dit.  Ek ry daarvolgens.

Ek kan nie verwag dat ENIGE organisasie na my belange en veiligheid omsien BEHALWE MYSELF NIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soos Popeye tereg s?....dis 'n ONMOONTLIKE taak om vir almal rolling closure te gee.  Daar is nie genoeg mannekrag nie. 

So....wat gemaak?

Gee die manne wat wil jaag hulle deel en laat ons ouens wat wil ry vir die lekker die verantwoordelikheid vir ons EIE veiligheid aanvaar.

En as jy dan stupid genoeg is om die reel te oortree, DQ en kry klaar.

Maar as jy gaan kyk....die manne wat die wit lyn kruis is 9/10 kere die manne wat jaag en wiele volg en nie kan bekostig om die wiel voor hom te los nie.......Sorteer hulle uit en dit los jou met die 1/10 keer.....

so tjoppies. will rolling closures only be than for the Elite's ?

What about the ladies' date=' vets, sud-vets

I read somewhere that the A caught the sub-vets and vets, (I think)

So, who did the Racing here ? "A" ... or the so called racing groups?

Or is it going to be rolling closure just for the "CREAM"?... Unfair towards the rest, if you askedme.

but, its only my opinion.

Oh, just one more thing... Will the Elites than paying more to get rolling closure?

Will rolling closure then only for the "sharp end" or front 5 or 10, or for the whole Elite group,

Because we also pass some Elites on our way back to the Bos, and we were in F. So , than even the F group will have rolling closure.

a lot to think about to have rolling closure implemented. I think.
[/quote']

it is for all the racing cat (Elite, SV, V Ladies etc.) The reason for those specific groups is because most people bitch and moan about them. The rest of the bunches seem to be a little less of a problem.

You have to start at some point....impossible to cater for everyone.
AuctionLamb2007-12-04 03:56:23