SLX vs Hayes Stroker Ryde vs Clarks Skeletal vs Magura Julie HP

Zaskar09

Haven't you heard of the "cycling expenditure quotient"? The rule that dictates that the disclosed price is 1/3rd of the actual price you paid for it...

That would have worked if she wasn't into cycling, unfortunately/fortunately (?) she is, so she knows what stuff costs. It's all my fault actually, I'm the one that miraculously turned cycling into "quality time" (If you want to know how just by my e-book: "How to take the fun out of cycling").

All jokes aside, the woman is absolutely fearless and manages to do on a R5k hardtail what normal people do on a R30k full suss, which explains why she doesn't condone "upgrades". Apparently, "it's not about the bike".

Couldn't ask for a better riding partner.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have worked if she wasn't into cycling, unfortunately/fortunately (?) she is, so she knows what stuff costs. It's all my fault actually, I'm the one that miraculously turned cycling into "quality time" (If you want to know how just by my e-book: "How to take the fun out of cycling").

All jokes aside, the woman is absolutely fearless and manages to do on a R5k hardtail what normal people do on a R30k full suss, which explains why she doesn't condone "upgrades". Apparently, "it's not about the bike".

Couldn't ask for a better riding partner.

Lucky man. :thumbup:

I just realised that if it's not about the bike it's definately not about the paintjob either. :D

Will probably go for the SLX, the juicy's are still working (I have become quite an adept at fixing them), it's just the level of maintenance that's getting to me.