Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

You Ass :)

At least I only work from 9am - 5pm so get to ride in a little later than most.

Hehe..those sound like better hours!:-D

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would love to commute on my bike but we don't have Showers at the office. :(

showers help a lot, but there's ways around it if you can't.

My back tire's pretty chewed up, so I rotated them on Saturday - swopped front for rear. Pulled 13 thorns out of the tow tires - a lot can be said for Slime! I've only had a tire go completely flat once, never noticed any other thorns :)

I've also figure out Michael Jackson's secret ... on Thursday morning, a Putco bus bumped me in Duncan street, Pretoria, nothing broken but badly shaken. After receiving no joy from cops, metro police and Putco about the driver, I paid him a visit in his bus on Friday morning. A boot in the face and a promise to make doggy treats out of him seems to have sorted him out. He turned a 'whiter shade of pale', a la MJ. I was given a wide berth this morning on my commute, dunno how long that's going to last :)

I wouldn't recommend anyone repeat my actions, I've probably made myself a moving target for the foreseeable future.

.........I've probably made myself a moving target for the foreseeable future.

Get a disguise? :D

Sheez boet. I am glad you are ok. We wouldn't want you taken out of the commuter's challenge that way. :D

The whole Liesbeek, Albert Road, Woodstock route is pretty OK. Watch out for pedestrians and the area around Gympie Street. After about 6:30, Albert gets very dodgy, rather use Main Road (Gympie Str warning repeated).

... there's a ramp going down to the cycle track that'll take you to the back of the station.

Thanks! I'll be doing daylight recce so this is what I was looking to hear.

Got confirmation from Putco this morning that driver has been suspended pending disciplinary hearing. Some bigwig in Putco got wind of this and blew his top :clap:

Got confirmation from Putco this morning that driver has been suspended pending disciplinary hearing. Some bigwig in Putco got wind of this and blew his top :clap:

Lekker nuus, Bushcamp!

Don't expect to score any points in the Silly Commuter Racing series if your opponent is wearing a shirt like this

post-43-0-95306400-1330418456.jpg

Well done! (on getting some action taken I mean, not on getting bumped. Had that a few months ago myself courtesy of a WBHO construction workers bus, not fun)

Strangest "bump" I have ever had was from a rubber duck on a trailer.

It was a close call with the stone face of the mountain as we were going rather fast.

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell is going on the last week? yesterday afternoon, and this morning, people tried to left-hook me. I ended up in a shouting match with the idiot yesterday, until his son jumped out of his Land Cruiser and tried to slap me. I put stop to that, and went home. This morning, another bloody white bakkie brigade member did the same thing - storms past me, only to cut right in front of me into a driveway - me doing 28ish km/h, fooking far left of the road. Had a 'nicer' altercation - just told the 'lady' that I hope she has a really blessed day.

I carry a can of pepper spray. The next guy or gal that gets out of the car wanting to beat me is getting a face full of pepper spray and then some carbon cycling shoe in their mouth.

Was also thinking about getting some pepper spray - but with the people being so bosbefok in Pretoria nowadays I may end up being charged with assault. I just pull a knife and that ends it - white boys cannot run fast enough if you pull a knife in a fight, they just *** themselves.

Was also thinking about getting some pepper spray - but with the people being so bosbefok in Pretoria nowadays I may end up being charged with assault. I just pull a knife and that ends it - white boys cannot run fast enough if you pull a knife in a fight, they just *** themselves.

I sure hope one of those drivers don't bring a gun to your knife fight!