Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Got knocked off the bike today by a school mom that didn’t look. Just drove me onto the pavement.

I didn’t see you she said. Luckily I saw her pull across the road and thought she may not see me so scrubbed off speed. Sore wrist and scratches on the Dale. Carbon braking is not the best in an emergency.

Ag no man sorry to hear!

Healing vibes

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got knocked off the bike today by a school mom that didn’t look. Just drove me onto the pavement.

I didn’t see you she said. Luckily I saw her pull across the road and thought she may not see me so scrubbed off speed. Sore wrist and scratches on the Dale. Carbon braking is not the best in an emergency.

Eish bra, glad you not badly injured.

In my limited commuting experience white women are the least attentive and courteous when it comes to cyclists

This is my first post so please don't judge me...

fanievb//

"In my limited commuting experience "Soccer Moms" are the least attentive and courteous when it comes to cyclists."

//fanievb

"Soccer Moms" being the most entitled being on the planet, whether they're female, or male.

I'm sure you get my drift.

Been left hooked and car doored more than once by that particular species.

I didn’t see you she said. Luckily I saw her pull across the road and thought she may not see me so scrubbed off speed. Sore wrist and scratches on the Dale. Carbon braking is not the best in an emergency

Hope you heal fast. Maybe discs are the answer.

In the Ramadan month i normally don't commute, this year was different i would take the easiest/shortist route so liesbiek main road, and I'd sware i need a road bike with disc brakes because of these "i didn't see you"

speedy recovery !

In the Ramadan month i normally don't commute, this year was different i would take the easiest/shortist route so liesbiek main road, and I'd sware i need a road bike with disc brakes because of these "i didn't see you"

She was very nice afterwards, she was said I didn’t look/see you. Big white red blue shirt on, look like a lighthouse. I think I even saw her blind spot monitor on merc go red.

Ai dude! So sorry. Hope you recover quick. Narrowly avoided a low speed collision myself with school mom this am. In her defence, it's fkkn crazy around schools... Not to mention a ballistic toddler in the back seat.

She was very nice afterwards, she was said I didn’t look/see you. Big white red blue shirt on, look like a lighthouse. I think I even saw her blind spot monitor on merc go red.

Glad you're ok, heal up bro

Ai dude! So sorry. Hope you recover quick. Narrowly avoided a low speed collision myself with school mom this am. In her defence, it's fkkn crazy around schools... Not to mention a ballistic toddler in the back seat.

Yeah, ,hence why I was going so slow, I saw her pull out, just thought she would stay in the lane she pulled into, or only fill the lane, she ended up with her 4x4 bumper over pavement so her bum was out the junction. Common sense kicked in around the schools as was massive tailwind today, took it easy around schools

Golden rule - think for everyone else.

Glad it wasn't too bad - get better soon! 

Not good to hear.  I hope you managed to put a good dent in the car while you were at it.

Sorry to hear... As HarryV said, you need to constantly think for everyone driving because let us be honest, there are some people who really cannot drive nor check their blind spots.

On my daily commute, I see at least two or more idiots on the road.

Heal up soon and hope the bike is OK. Hopefully, I will spot the Team Pure Savage crew at OneTonner.