Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Any commuters from Noordhoek to town or back (via Chapmans peak) looking for some compamy?

Are you allowed to cycle over Chapmans Peak?

Are you allowed to cycle over Chapmans Peak?

You are saying this with your tongue in your cheek, I hope. :D

You are saying this with your tongue in your cheek, I hope. :D

Nope, just not sure :unsure: , I've heard you can and you can't, so not sure what the official stance is? Now that I've got a road bike I'm keen to cycle over it.

Nope, just not sure :unsure: , I've heard you can and you can't, so not sure what the official stance is? Now that I've got a road bike I'm keen to cycle over it.

It is open to cyclists and it is FREE. Cars pay, cyclist don't. :clap: It is the one of the very best, most beautiful rides on earth. Go and do it TODAY and you'll be hooked for life!

It is open to cyclists and it is FREE. Cars pay, cyclist don't. :clap: It is the one of the very best, most beautiful rides on earth. Go and do it TODAY and you'll be hooked for life!

It will have to wait till next weekend then, up in Jozi this weekend, road riding is normally confined to the weekdays and MTB one day a week and all weekend, although I have been doing a short spin on the road in the morning and then a MTB in the arvo lately. Need to be really fit for the holidays in December.

Thanks for the info though.

Thing i learnt today is that i prefer riding against the traffic, that way i can see if the driver doesn't feel like driving around me and i can take evasive maneuvers in time and not get blind sided from behind.

I know i'm going to get a lot of stick for saying this, but so be it, i trust my life more in my hands than in the hands of drivers.

Thing i learnt today is that i prefer riding against the traffic, that way i can see if the driver doesn't feel like driving around me and i can take evasive maneuvers in time and not get blind sided from behind.

I know i'm going to get a lot of stick for saying this, but so be it, i trust my life more in my hands than in the hands of drivers.

I am pretty sure that this is illegal? As much as you feel a lot safer, this practice is dangerous, and add further to the negative feelings many drivers have against cyclists.

Consider yourself STICKED by me!