Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Things i've learned from commuting today: when doing 30kph up a hill and your chain snaps, try not to get your foot stuck in the front wheel...

post-19137-1390936262,5941.jpg

Too much power up that hill ou.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was the first time that i commuted without laptop, charger, some clothes, so it was much lighter. I added some distance to the daily route and got the same time as i did before on shorter route with heavy bag. that feels good :thumbup:

Ouch, sorry to see that. that sux, and you just got back onto the bike too. maybe cycling isn't for you, feel free to donate your cycling equipment this way :devil:

Seriously though, glad to see no injuries. hope it gets sorted out soon.

Hahahaha... Not the first time I've fallen... Definitely not the last. Will be back on my MTB for commuting on Thursday (it doesn't break so easily) :)

Ouch, foot OK?

Foot fine. Couple of carpet burns on arm and leg and a slightly sore shoulder. Bike and polar watch took most of the damage.

Edited by Loupie

Holy Moses! At least it seems you're ok ... I hope so. But seriously, should that fork have broken like that? Does carbon do that? Was there a crack there already?

No cracks previously... I don't know if carbon should do that as this is the first carbon item that I have and I haven't had it too long. Was a hard tumble though. I'm 100% though, be commuting again on Thursday with my mtb...

Edited by Loupie

I will also start commuting to work from next week onwards. Starting a new job less than 2km from my house :clap:

Super excited! Perfect opportunity to start building my ss :thumbup:

Holy Moses! At least it seems you're ok ... I hope so. But seriously, should that fork have broken like that? Does carbon do that? Was there a crack there already?

I think it's the fact that his foot got caught in the spokes and pulled up into the fork.

Though I blame the mechanic that put his bike together :blush:

I think it's the fact that his foot got caught in the spokes and pulled up into the fork.

Though I blame the mechanic that put his bike together :blush:

How so...?

A quick surf before the cycle in to work intensifies the training substanitally...

I k.ked off in my cycle this morning

Things i've learned from commuting today: when doing 30kph up a hill and your chain snaps, try not to get your foot stuck in the front wheel...

Good point... also not a good idea to adjust your front speedo pickup while riding downhill with your foot.... great way to remove shoe tread.... but not advisable... one of my less smart ideas..... :)

Glad you got away without too much damage to yourself - lucky escape that - I have been behind someone who broke a chain under pressure and it took a long time to get him back on his feet.

Good point... also not a good idea to adjust your front speedo pickup while riding downhill with your foot.... great way to remove shoe tread.... but not advisable... one of my less smart ideas..... :)

Glad you got away without too much damage to yourself - lucky escape that - I have been behind someone who broke a chain under pressure and it took a long time to get him back on his feet.

Yeah. I'm also glad it was nothing serious - although I put some of it down to skill... Have had a lot of practice in jonkers ;)

I learnt that people don't know how to use round-a-bouts ( traffic circles) and four way stops.

This morning I get to a four way stop. Being the only one coming from the direction I was I proceeded to the stop line, unclipped my cleats and stopped dead. I then waiting for a vehicle to cross from my left as she was the only vehicle at the other stops and she was there first. After she crossed over I got up and put downward pressure on my crack as I was the next person by law who had the right to cross. Luckily I only own a mtb for as I was halfway across Mr. Cool in his Toyota Fortuner "***893FS" decided he wasn't in the mood to wait. After screaming to get his attention, then his front bumper nicking my back wheel as I jumped the curb trying to get out him way. Then Mr. Cool gives me his version of the death stare. Not a hoot or hand gesture to apologize for not looking where he was going. So to you Mr. Cool, FU. I hope you forget to put your handbrake on and that your cool Fortuner rolls into a wall. Maybe then you'll look where the hell you are going prick.

I learnt that people don't know how to use round-a-bouts ( traffic circles) and four way stops.

This morning I get to a four way stop. Being the only one coming from the direction I was I proceeded to the stop line, unclipped my cleats and stopped dead. I then waiting for a vehicle to cross from my left as she was the only vehicle at the other stops and she was there first. After she crossed over I got up and put downward pressure on my crack as I was the next person by law who had the right to cross. Luckily I only own a mtb for as I was halfway across Mr. Cool in his Toyota Fortuner "***893FS" decided he wasn't in the mood to wait. After screaming to get his attention, then his front bumper nicking my back wheel as I jumped the curb trying to get out him way. Then Mr. Cool gives me his version of the death stare. Not a hoot or hand gesture to apologize for not looking where he was going. So to you Mr. Cool, FU. I hope you forget to put your handbrake on and that your cool Fortuner rolls into a wall. Maybe then you'll look where the hell you are going prick.

Not cool! Hate it when people are like that! On the lighter side of things, I have never tried putting downward pressure on my crack... will definitely try this afternoon on my commute ;)