2009 gt sensor 2.0 creaking noise

fatpixi

got an irritating creaking noise that i want to get rid of, recently stripped regreased and rebuilt, feels like it's coming from the bb...but it's greased up, pivots are greased up too, happens mostly when i stand up to pedal - as the bike sways from side to side (from pedaling) any thoughts?

got an irritating creaking noise that i want to get rid of, recently stripped regreased and rebuilt, feels like it's coming from the bb...but it's greased up, pivots are greased up too, happens mostly when i stand up to pedal - as the bike sways from side to side (from pedaling) any thoughts?

Most likely the BB or pivots, but can be the pedals.

Is this model...(or is it the marathon :unsure:) not notorious for having noisy pivots...Once at teak I heard a guy on one of these, like riding an orchestra.

Most likely the BB or pivots, but can be the pedals.

most likely, although when i sit and peddle then there is no noise or very very little,its when i get up to peddle hard and the bike sways from side to side

Is this model...(or is it the marathon :unsure:) not notorious for having noisy pivots...Once at teak I heard a guy on one of these, like riding an orchestra.

um its a 2009 gt force sensor 2.0 not a marathon, you reckon it's a general gt issue?

Edited by fatpixi

Chainring bolts. Can also be handlebar clamp. Strip, grease and re-assemble.

unusual idea, will definately strip and grease up big time

hey pixi.. Fox fork?

hey! 2009 rock shox revalation 426, the noise seems to be coming from the chainring/bb/pivots area...

hey! 2009 rock shox revalation 426, the noise seems to be coming from the chainring/bb/pivots area...

Easiest and worth a try if the problem is not solved here, is squirt water over isolated areas, one area at a time and ride.. give it some time to penetrate... if the sound disappears, you may have found the culprit.

You could use an oil spray too, but I generally don't bring one of those close to my bike so don't suggest it.

Don't rule out the pedals either. Sneaky little things those, always hiding under shoes and the last place we tend to look.

Easiest and worth a try if the problem is not solved here, is squirt water over isolated areas, one area at a time and ride.. give it some time to penetrate... if the sound disappears, you may have found the culprit.

You could use an oil spray too, but I generally don't bring one of those close to my bike so don't suggest it.

Don't rule out the pedals either. Sneaky little things those, always hiding under shoes and the last place we tend to look.

mmm ok will try that, i dont like those oil sprays either, i'm usually anal with stripping and cleaning i spend all day with degreaser and grease... and a beer in hand :)

mmm ok will try that, i dont like those oil sprays either, i'm usually anal with stripping and cleaning i spend all day with degreaser and grease... and a beer in hand :)

That's a good way to spend a day!

Could be sadle or even water bottle cage nuts. Sound transmits in the frame and you normally do not hear it where it really is generated. Like they said, eliminate it one by one. I jst killed a creak in my spinner. Heavy grease application one by one and found it was the seat stem.

Also my saddle kept on collapsing. I would bend it right and at the end of the spinning session it would hang lopsided again. I looked at the seat clamp very carefully. The seat clamp is the older type with lose plates and wings that clamp together. I saw that the top part of the saddle clamp got squashed and the clamp could not go all the way down the saddle peg. This caused the clamp to align properly at the bottom but not at the top. Bent it right and just had a two hour session with no creaks or collapsing saddles.

Just luv it when a plan comes together!

You're not going to believe this but remove the rear derailleur and brush off the dust from where the derailleur connects with the frame. Finish off with a touch of grease and replace.

Go ahead try it!

You're not going to believe this but remove the rear derailleur and brush off the dust from where the derailleur connects with the frame. Finish off with a touch of grease and replace.

Go ahead try it!

cool will check

Could be sadle or even water bottle cage nuts. Sound transmits in the frame and you normally do not hear it where it really is generated. Like they said, eliminate it one by one. I jst killed a creak in my spinner. Heavy grease application one by one and found it was the seat stem.

Also my saddle kept on collapsing. I would bend it right and at the end of the spinning session it would hang lopsided again. I looked at the seat clamp very carefully. The seat clamp is the older type with lose plates and wings that clamp together. I saw that the top part of the saddle clamp got squashed and the clamp could not go all the way down the saddle peg. This caused the clamp to align properly at the bottom but not at the top. Bent it right and just had a two hour session with no creaks or collapsing saddles.

Just luv it when a plan comes together!

well it doesn't have anything to do with the saddle, like i mentioned, when i'm seated and riding that = no noise when i stand up and peddle hard that = creaking