[Event] 2012 XCOSA.Co.ZA Series

BodyBikeFit

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant we please arrange that we can also collect numbers on the saterday , its impossible to get out of work on a friday to do a 3 hour round trip for numbers. Can you guys see what can be done please ?

It would be greaty appriciated .

I have entered and paid- but there is no way I'm going to start a race at 11:45 in summer in PTA...

I rode out there today and it was swelteringly hot by 09:30...

Now we are supposed to race @ 95%+ hr starting at midday???

Anyone feel the same?

Yeah Baker gonna be hot but that's how XCO starts go unfortunately. This is Africa afterall !

How many guys have entered for the open male class ?

Not doing 8 laps riding on my own again...

OK so it's official I have an ITB issue so have to sit this one out <_<

Will probly come and watch, friends of mine might do some video as well.

If anyone needs some help with seconding let me know.

Can bring a set of 26'' 9 speed wheels and tools for neutral support :thumbup:

I will be giving this series a miss as I can't collect my number board on the morning of the event. Two trips to Pretoria from Johannesburg for each race is out of the question.

I FLY , don’t feel bad , it looks like myself and a few other riders also going to give it a miss ( entered already ) . the logistics are stupid . I want to get there a hour before race and go home . I have a family that want to come watch and to keep them out all day just because of number collections times is silly . it’s really sad as these events are what I got my SA colors for and they still seem to only cater for the pro rider and not the family man. I don’t see why number collection can’t be open all day Saturday ( just need one person to man this ) so you can all arrive and arrange your day at your own pace.

BodyBikeFit , thanks for coming back to me , but you need to relook your stats and how its run , you will get far more people coming to these events if you change it . that I can promise you, I have been racing for 20 years and as I said and got my SA colors for this discipline so been around the block so to say.

By simply allowing number collection all day Saturday as well as entries you will increase race attendance , don’t make it only easy for the top dogs to do them but also the normal guy with a job to .

Regards

Ian

I am with you on this Ian been racing also +- 20yrs was there when the XC MTB started and the Downhill’s. We had good numbers attending those days purely because we could enter and collect on race day. Allot of guys would decide the day before pay the late entry fee. I also feel that these thing should be held on a Sunday. There are allot of people who work on Saturdays. I am one of those so I normally don’t even look at a race if it’s on a Saturday. I saw this series and said to myself this is cool I will make arrangements at work. I enjoy more technical races I am not a

Marathon type of person. I find it a bit stupid you can only get your numbers between 8h30 and 16h00 on the Friday right in the middle of work. Which means I must ask for more time off. Basically sorry but I just gave you some free cash I won’t attend. I will go do a road race on Sunday.

I FLY , don’t feel bad , it looks like myself and a few other riders also going to give it a miss ( entered already ) . the logistics are stupid . I want to get there a hour before race and go home . I have a family that want to come watch and to keep them out all day just because of number collections times is silly . it’s really sad as these events are what I got my SA colors for and they still seem to only cater for the pro rider and not the family man. I don’t see why number collection can’t be open all day Saturday ( just need one person to man this ) so you can all arrive and arrange your day at your own pace.

BodyBikeFit , thanks for coming back to me , but you need to relook your stats and how its run , you will get far more people coming to these events if you change it . that I can promise you, I have been racing for 20 years and as I said and got my SA colors for this discipline so been around the block so to say.

By simply allowing number collection all day Saturday as well as entries you will increase race attendance , don’t make it only easy for the top dogs to do them but also the normal guy with a job to .

Regards

Ian

+1

I will be giving this series a miss as I can't collect my number board on the morning of the event. Two trips to Pretoria from Johannesburg for each race is out of the question.

+1

Seems they are making a bit of money from prepaid no shows this weekend...