[Event] 2012 XCOSA.Co.ZA Series

BodyBikeFit

And Fountains was beautiful to ride at. Great race, hopefully the number (participant turn out), will increase.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We really need to get the numbers up, especially the ladies! You need 5 entries on the start line to award prizes and because we only had 3, we got nothing, not even a mention at prize-giving (after being told to wait 3 hours because there would be a medal)!

Awesome race, great vibe and wicked route.. But I agree, some issues that need to be ironed out!

Well I had a lekker time spectating, checking out the talent on and off the track :thumbup:

Atleast I got to chear for Barbie, Dubber88 and Merida Man.

Well done to Burry on his win, was nice to see the ding-dong battle between him and Buys.

I was quite surprised by Brendon Davids who seemed to be flailing a bit at the end, Louis Bressler Knipe (sp?) got quite a gap on him at the finish. Maybe jetlag had gotten to him a bit.

Was good to see James Reid racing as well, though I heard he a had a puncture ?

Andrew Warr (sp?) was also there along with another KZN lad, but seemed this was still a bit early in the season for them and maybe not their style of riding.

Was surprised to see Bryce Munro not racing.

Lastly, well done to Joel Hieber, he even managed to stick with Burry and Phillip for a bit. Definitely a guy to watch in future !

I did not go there myself but my friend did comment that the bathrooms really were a bit of a mess, maybe some porta potties would help next time.

Looking forward to doing the next race if possible.

WW.

Ps. will post some video when my friend is done with the editing

Pah what a *** day. Started off ok but missed a turn on lap one that let some people through then misjudged the rock bridge on lap 3 and dinged my rear rim so bad it wouldn't hold air anymore.

All in all a great event though - racing at 11:45 wasn't too bad - weather played along nicely. Course was superb - maybe not as technical as we would have liked but awesome swoopy track with loads of twisting sections that made you go "WHEEEEEE!". I believe the courses will get more technical as the races progress (bring it!).

Number collection with pre entry on the day was easy enough - got there with plenty of time to spare to set up gazebo etc.

Perhaps my only complaint was the amount of beginners on the course. Overtaking is always an issue in XCO but wow there were some people there going so slow that I almost rode into the back of them before I had time to say "track". I realise this series is designed to introduce people to the XCO discipline but if you couldn't ride that course without putting a foot down then perhaps XCO is not for you or you should put some more time in before attempting an XCO race.

THAT said - the vast majority of people I overtook were very accommodating and friendly.

Good job XCOSA - I will certainly be back for the next 3 rounds!

All in all a great event , Well done .

If I can give my two cents though , have number collection on the Saturday so that people can also come do some laps before race day , then have the race on the Sunday . If I understand one of the previous posts you would want people to ride the course before racing it then you can’t do numbers ect on Fridays , 90% of the fields work and it’s not possible .

use it don’t use

Pah what a *** day. Started off ok but missed a turn on lap one that let some people through then misjudged the rock bridge on lap 3 and dinged my rear rim so bad it wouldn't hold air anymore.

All in all a great event though - racing at 11:45 wasn't too bad - weather played along nicely. Course was superb - maybe not as technical as we would have liked but awesome swoopy track with loads of twisting sections that made you go "WHEEEEEE!". I believe the courses will get more technical as the races progress (bring it!).

Number collection with pre entry on the day was easy enough - got there with plenty of time to spare to set up gazebo etc.

Perhaps my only complaint was the amount of beginners on the course. Overtaking is always an issue in XCO but wow there were some people there going so slow that I almost rode into the back of them before I had time to say "track". I realise this series is designed to introduce people to the XCO discipline but if you couldn't ride that course without putting a foot down then perhaps XCO is not for you or you should put some more time in before attempting an XCO race.

THAT said - the vast majority of people I overtook were very accommodating and friendly.

Good job XCOSA - I will certainly be back for the next 3 rounds!

Oh ja that little bridge is a sneaky bliksem ! Last time I rode there with the provincial I just ran it after bottoming my rim the 1st time as well.

What bike were you riding ? A Flash ? Think I spotted you

WW.

Oh ja that little bridge is a sneaky bliksem ! Last time I rode there with the provincial I just ran it after bottoming my rim the 1st time as well.

What bike were you riding ? A Flash ? Think I spotted you

WW.

The nasty part is that I've ridden that frikkin bridge like 200 times already and when do I pinch flat? On the day of the race grrrrr.

I was on my new Niner Air 9 white/silver uber machine :w00t:

My mate Iron was on a Flash though - same kit.

How did you get on?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE RESULTS OF RACE #1

Although we had enough computing power to launch a space craft, we had a major timing software problem on Saturday morning and consequently had to revert to manual lap timing and counting. This happened even though we have tested and pressure-tested the newly developed timing software. As a result some of the category results are spread over 4 different computers used on the morning whereas other category times were done on paper. In most of the cases only final times are indicated and lap splits were virtually impossible to do. 3 programmers worked intensely to rectify on-site and finally got everything going again, just in-time for the Elite mens' and Youth Boys' races. We sincerely apologize for this totally undesired situation and assure you that this will not re-occur.

The final results will be posted on ThehubSA shortly and also on our www.xcosa.co.za website.

Edited by Enticement

You were just behind me when that happend.......

"Doef.....pssssssss...F()*%(*" :wacko:

Was fun. If I knew it was going to be that hard I would not have done the 90km before the race. :blink: :w00t:

Was lots of fun!! My first Cross Country race and I suffered like a dog and enjoyed it!! :clap:

You were just behind me when that happend.......

"Doef.....pssssssss...F()*%(*" :wacko:

Was fun. If I knew it was going to be that hard I would not have done the 90km before the race. :blink: :w00t:

Was lots of fun!! My first Cross Country race and I suffered like a dog and enjoyed it!! :clap:

That were I. Apologies for the profanity :whistling:

Didn't recognise you with your race face on! XC is great fun - half the pain is from riding - the other half from the stress of not making mistakes. Silly man riding 90km in the morning...

Did you get second place? Man I hate it when Jules brings the single speed - it makes the pain of defeat sting that little bit more :D

That were I. Apologies for the profanity :whistling:

Didn't recognise you with your race face on! XC is great fun - half the pain is from riding - the other half from the stress of not making mistakes. Silly man riding 90km in the morning...

Did you get second place? Man I hate it when Jules brings the single speed - it makes the pain of defeat sting that little bit more :D

hahahaha.

Strangely Jules did not get podium? Dropped off the pace near the end?

I was buggered by lap 4. Just crused around from there.....avg HR up till there was sitting at 184! Insane!!

Will bring the blue steel look and race legs with next time.

Pitty it will be over the Panorama weekend.......

Hi Guys

Please see attached PDF for the results of our first XCOSA.CO.ZA race, due to the hiccups mention in the earlier notice on this thread we could only process the first three positions in each category.

Thank you for all your input. I'm working hard to iron all the hiccups out and will definitely keep all your suggestions in mind for a better and more fun Race #2!

See you on the 28th of April 2012 for the race. Remember the skills workshop before the race, more details will follow soon!

Results_01_12.pdf