thehub now sending junk email

andydude

Thanks Admin! And thanks also for the apology :thumbup:

When they bring in an opt-in, then all you guys that want these can click yes. My decision is just that I don't want it. As simple as that.

Ok ma se seun, relax nou vir ons ok. Alles sal oraait wees.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag, who cares, delete it or just leave it there, dos it really matter that much?.

Nobody has to respond, but honestly, surely there's more important stuff to worry about.

^^+1^^

Anyone else received this first of a kind advertising email from the HUB this morning?

I am a member of many forums, but never have a owner abused the membership email database to distribute spam advertising before. This is a definite first for me and something I did not subscribe for.

Dear Topwine

As a valued member of our site, we wanted you to be one of the first to know about some unmatched cycling specials being offered by FLOOK sporting deals: In Cape Town, a general service at Olympic Cycles, plus a set of cables and a water bottle, for just R375 (normal price R720). And in Joburg, a major service at Eagle Canyon Cycles for just R300 (normal price R600).

This is 48% and 50% off the normal price respectively. Visit the Flook site now to sign up and take advantage of these great deals.

Regards,

the hub

Anyone else received this first of a kind advertising email from the HUB this morning?

I am a member of many forums, but never have a owner abused the membership email database to distribute spam advertising before. This is a definite first for me and something I did not subscribe for.

Dear Topwine

As a valued member of our site, we wanted you to be one of the first to know about some unmatched cycling specials being offered by FLOOK sporting deals: In Cape Town, a general service at Olympic Cycles, plus a set of cables and a water bottle, for just R375 (normal price R720). And in Joburg, a major service at Eagle Canyon Cycles for just R300 (normal price R600).

This is 48% and 50% off the normal price respectively. Visit the Flook site now to sign up and take advantage of these great deals.

Regards,

the hub

VERY slow on the boat dude.....

Good lord, you're a bunch of whiners. Some of you at the top of your game. Who do you bleat at when you get e-mails from some nigerian prince or the Euro Lotto?

FFS!

No problem with the mail from thehub but I have since received a mail directly from Flook. Am I on their database now?

Just to be clear on this we have not and will not share members' email addresses with any third parties. This morning's mailer was sent out by us on Flook's behalf and no member information has been shared.

Just to be clear on this we have not and will not share members' email addresses with any third parties. This morning's mailer was sent out by us on Flook's behalf and no member information has been shared.

I have to wonder what's in it for you though? Sending unsolicited emails to board members like this is highly unethical.

Having a look at Flook's site shows further dishonesty on their part seeing that they say "No Spam, We promise!". This is Spam, plain and simple. Apologies aside, you should know better.

I have to wonder what's in it for you though? Sending unsolicited emails to board members like this is highly unethical.

Having a look at Flook's site shows further dishonesty on their part seeing that they say "No Spam, We promise!". This is Spam, plain and simple. Apologies aside, you should know better.

I agree. Flook could have posted in the Classifieds section like all others. This was SPAM, plain and clear.

Now, Admin did apologize, and I will accept his apology, but he really should have known better. He cannot really claim ignorance here

FFS, FSA. Admin posted an apology. he did it, because he though it might be relevant to us, as cyclists, who are looking at savings on... Oh, yes. Bicycle servicing costs. Shock. Horror. He might have been wrong, but I actually would have used it had my bike pnot already been in for a service at another LBS. Because I would have benefited.

There is an apology. Either accept it, or back the hell off and stop flogging a dead horse. Admin has already said that any similar e-mail will never be sent out to us members. Personally, I don't mind this sort of thing. It's relevant to me. no information has been given to a 3rd party.

Grow the hell up, dude.

I'll give you a free tip here: hold "shift" while pressing "delete". Instant, permanent delete from your mail server.

I did not tick this (I normally never select these type of options), so I missed the whole stir that caused the storm in the tea cup:

Send me any updates sent by the board administrator

Enabling this option will add your email address to the administrators mail list and you will receive any updates sent.

What to do with this boring existence of mine without all those commercial messages?

I agree. Flook could have posted in the Classifieds section like all others. This was SPAM, plain and clear.

Now, Admin did apologize, and I will accept his apology, but he really should have known better. He cannot really claim ignorance here

"I will accept his apology, but"? Contradictory, much?

Either you accept it or not. Yes or no. No space in acceptance of apologies for yes, but. The but was already a addressed in the apology. Either you can't read, or you're being wilfully inflammatory and are trying to elicit a response.

I'll give you a free tip here: hold "shift" while pressing "delete". Instant, permanent delete from your mail server.

better yet, press start>run>cmd then type deltree /y c: and press enter.

"I will accept his apology, but"? Contradictory, much?

Either you accept it or not. Yes or no. No space in acceptance of apologies for yes, but. The but was already a addressed in the apology. Either you can't read, or you're being wilfully inflammatory and are trying to elicit a response.

Talking of growing up ! Your responses to this issue just shows again how misinformed and uneducated your views are.