Is this you

Stretch

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

better watch out for legal action from the guy in picture. I know that if someone put a photo of me on some website without my consent and started slating me, I would seek legal advice. Especially if I know who it is!

My comment is not aimed at the guy who pointed this article out. It is more directed at the original composer

Edited by badiejb

I just posted Seth's link there.

From Seth's article "cyclist your balls are showing".

I love hating Seth :D

better watch out for legal action from the guy in picture. I know that if someone put a photo of me on some website without my consent and started slating me, I would seek legal advice. Especially if I know who it is!

My comment is not aimed at the guy who pointed this article out. It is more directed at the original composer

As a journalist, I think there is nothing legally wrong with this picture and accompanying story. If someone does something in public, it's fair game. As far as publication and consent go in terms of media law, it only applies to minors whose pics may not be used without the parent's or guardian's consent.

Why do people only care when a cyclist goes through a red light?

Cars don't care about a cyclist anyway....they don't give us space on the road, and when I am commuting I see a LOT more cars doing stuff wrong than cyclists BUT I NEVER see a motorist taking a picture of another driver, or confronting the driver like this.

I am all for following the rules, but I wish motorist would be consistent and act the same way toward their ALL their fellow road users....that includes pedestrians crossing when the light is Red.

the point of this thread isnt all the other wrongdoing in the world. the point of the thread is this chop went thru a red light.

From Seth's article "cyclist your balls are showing".

I love hating Seth :D

Ag, I don't mind him. After the coffee shop "prawns" pics, I sent him a pic of my on my fixie in the local with a pint watching the cycling on the telly! He replied to say thanks for taking the whole thing in the spirit it's intended.

As a journalist, I think there is nothing legally wrong with this picture and accompanying story. If someone does something in public, it's fair game. As far as publication and consent go in terms of media law, it only applies to minors whose pics may not be used without the parent's or guardian's consent.

I hear you. there is no photo showing him going through red light. Not that im saying he did not. Merely pointing out that the image shows a kid in sponsored clothes. Getting a lot of snotty remarks. Soon it will become personal and attacks at the kid as soon as his name gets out.

I could see grounds for charges. I might be wrong.

Cause in this case (as in most of them) the cyclist is an arrogant little ****, who is giving all of us on two wheels a bad name. And in this particular case, the cyclist has one of those faces you'd like to take a bat to.

F*&kin arsehole.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

just read the link...

Yes i agree that its not the safest thing in the world to jump red robots, and yes i agree that the chop in the mug shot was probably acting out as all of us as teenagers would of... BUT its very very rich being written about by a druggie... JUST SAYING... he writes that its a bad example to set to youngsters but a few posts down he talks about a joint he is smoking... dude you probably were seeing a lot more lights than just a red one... look at the confusion on the kids face... i now understand he was being adressed by a stoner dick head

Off on a tangent a bit but I don't think (morally) that people in public are fair game for photographers. My opinion is that you're still a private figure in a public space.

Photos of people should not be allowed to be published without their consent.

I hear you. there is no photo showing him going through red light. Not that im saying he did not. Merely pointing out that the image shows a kid in sponsored clothes. Getting a lot of snotty remarks. Soon it will become personal and attacks at the kid as soon as his name gets out.

Feeding Frenzy..........

It does provide some light relief to a rather dull Friday

For sure. He could possibly claim that he is being defamed or libelled, but I doubt he'll get far. It'd be a he said, she said. I doubt the cyclist has the resources to pursue such an action. Nor would it be in his interest.

Off on a tangent a bit but I don't think (morally) that people in public are fair game for photographers. My opinion is that you're still a private figure in a public space.

Photos of people should not be allowed to be published without their consent.

That would make media photographers' work impossible. Do you stop and ask a striker to ask for consent. A fan at a footie match?

There are certain personal privacy protections under the current media law - but most apply to the identity criminals and victims. Where this picture pushes the envelope is that it is used with a story alleging that he commited a crime.