Is this you

Stretch

better watch out for legal action from the guy in picture. I know that if someone put a photo of me on some website without my consent and started slating me, I would seek legal advice. Especially if I know who it is!

My comment is not aimed at the guy who pointed this article out. It is more directed at the original composer

is it really illegal to post a photo of someone on the interwebs?

slating? you make it sound like the rider was a victim of a crime, and not the criminal. If u get caught with fingers in the cookie jar, expect to get burnt. But since rapists and corrupt officials become golf course champs, i expect this robot rider to have a case why he is in fact the victim.

lol. <_<

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep your panties on girls, all this just because someone jumped a red light, you know people died in world wars! Traffic lights and rules are mere guidelines for motorists anyways so what is all the fuss about

listen, this type of thing is getting quite boring. Not stopping completely at every light is one of those things. Just like all of you have gone above 120km/h in your car (on the GPS not the clock) on the N1 (or where ever), not everyone is going to stop and get off their bike with both feet firmly on the road surface for more than 5 seconds every time and light turns red. Haters gonna hate.

Dont think its fair to bash this guy unless you never ever do anything wrong in your life :rolleyes:

What if you in a dodgy area and the light goes red?

Damn. Take a chill pill, dude. And cut out the *** attitude.

For your information, we are allowed to cycle in the yellow lane. It's a little known piece of the RTA that stipulates that a vehicle (including, but not limited to, a pedal cycle) may cross over to the yellow lane in order to allow other motorists to pass, as long as it is safe to do so.

By extension - we are always getting passed by motorists. So, in busy periods, one is allowed (according to the law) to ride in the yellow lane. In quiet times, when no passing is going on, then you should ride outside of the yellow lane.

You really should get the facts straight before you start spewing incomprehensible BS.

So I cycle in London town 5 days a week, we have the same issues. Problem is this kid (he must have started cycling when he was about 2 weeks old as he seems to have years of experience and detailed knowledge of the law, but his babyface suggests otherwise) skips a red light and the motorists think - farking cyclist. One intersection later he may need to take evasive action to avoid me, but he is a bit fed up with cyclists in general, so he runs me over. I get injured, I am unhappy and did nothing wrong.

If I knew this was the real story I would hunt the punkass down and give him a lecture :-)

I have had this scenario relayed to me by a frustrated Lonodn cabbie, people think that - we stuff up by skipping red lights and drop our cycling mates in the process.

Adriaan - please obey the rules of the road mate, gives you reason to moan about farm murders and hijackings...

So its wrong for cyclists to skip red lights, but its fine for every single taxi driver in Cape Town to do it???? bunch of hypocrites, go rant about that and leave the guy alone!

He came 3rd in both xcm and road in the recent tour. he trains on the road and races mtb. 50-50 in terms of calling him a mtb'er

So its wrong for cyclists to skip red lights, but its fine for every single taxi driver in Cape Town to do it????

No avatar, it's wrong for anyone to do it.

There's no gray area or room for interpretation here. Stopping at a stop street or red traffic light is right. Not doing so is wrong. No arguments or debates are even necessary.

He came 3rd in both xcm and road in the recent tour.

Good for him. He's still an arsehole wot needs to learn the road traffic act.

No avatar, it's wrong for anyone to do it.

There's no gray area or room for interpretation here. Stopping at a stop street or red traffic light is right. Not doing so is wrong. No arguments or debates are even necessary.

you are quite right, since we are all guilty of not stopping at stop streets and occasional speeding and jumping that odd traffic light. The one of you not guilty then, let him be the first to throw another stone

Edited by avatar