Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Siobhan Kelly with Ian Jones and 2 others

TEAM EMILY VALENTINES DAY UPDATE: Joanne Van Niekerk has just sent me this pic of our little fighter. Emily is battling with her breathing and her organs have taken a real hammering. Her kidneys and liver will be tested again today. Emily needs all our prayers as the vet has a very guarded prognosis today. She did eat and certainly knows her rescuers voice - she craves love and attention and is fighting really hard. I am asking for a MIRACLE today on Valentines Day.

post-1604-0-30095900-1392363985_thumb.jpg

Here's another update from IanJ:

#TeamEmily Emily enjoying some fresh air, she is very weak and anaemic but she is hanging on and as determined as ever. Keep going girl, nearly there.

what a fighter she is - and that is a smile on her face. Thanks for the updates guys.

Sjoe, been catching up and just came across Emily's story. Brought a tear or two on. Definitely thinking of her.

Sorry I should have updated over the weekend, this little girl continues to amaze us, in all honesty she should not be with us but she is a real fighter and since Saturday her condition is starting to improve, she is certainly not out of the woods yet but every day improves her chances of survival. Yesterdays update:

TEAM EMILY UPDATE: Joanne Van Niekerk has just been to visit our little celebrity and she is stronger today, eating and drinking like a champion. Her eyes are bright and clear and she is telling everyone in no uncertain terms not to stop stroking her. Her breathing is still a worrying issue but her kidney functions are looking good and she has picked up 3kgs. Lets all stay focused and keep believing in this miracle baby!

post-268-0-90907500-1392605296_thumb.jpg

There is more about Emily on the Husky Rescue Facebook page including the amazing story about the guy who found her in Lenasia and contacted Husky Rescue to come fetch her. Can you believe he actually found her originally six months ago with a COAT HANGER around her neck which he managed to remove and was feeding her but then she dissapeared again until last week.

https://www.facebook...scuesa/?fref=ts

Edited by IanJ

Stealing from Ian's page again…Ian, you are an uber-dude. Much respect for all you have done.

Ian Jones shared Abigail Strachan's photo.

I have seen many beautiful husky eyes but never any as piercing and stunning as these. Made even more beautiful by what she has endured and come through with such a bright outlook. Emily my girl I think I am in love

post-1604-0-58405700-1392697455_thumb.jpg

Good to see her up, what a fighter. Is the IanJ pack about to grow? ;)

Uni, it is an option but we have had plenty of offers of homes and the bottom line is that she will go to the home that best suits HER needs. She will need a place to quietly recuperate with indoor and outdoor access, someone to be there initially to look after her, ongoing physio etc. It will probably mean a foster home initially until she is strong enough to go to permanent home.

Just an update on her condition, x-rays determined yesterday that she does have pneumonia, she is being treated for that and a physio will assess her puffy legs today. I will post more updates later.

Thanks for all the support which has been amazing she has become a real celebrity.

Edited by IanJ

The Missus took Marsie to the vet to-day to be sterilised.

We decided that there are plenty of unwanted pups without her, pretty as she is , adding to the pool. After all Marsie was an unwanted pup herself when I found her abandoned to her fate and all alone in Roodewal forest on July 26th last year.

Here she is outside the Vet in the car this morning.

post-63-0-74945900-1392715409_thumb.jpg

The Missus took Marsie to the vet to-day to be sterilised.

We decided that there are plenty of unwanted pups without her, pretty as she is , adding to the pool. After all Marsie was an unwanted pup herself when I found her abandoned to her fate and all alone in Roodewal forest on July 26th last year.

Here she is outside the Vet in the car this morning.

Beautiful girl although she looks a bit apprehensive :-)

Well done on having her sterilised, we need all animals to be done unless they belong to registered breeders.

Hope the op went ok.