Show us your pets

tunariaan

Two other pics from the weekend that made me smile...

Scar continued his vervet monket impression with an attack on a bird feeder... :huh:

post-1604-0-75929700-1441003810_thumb.jpg

...and this lass made my day on Sunday. Rode up to the local market, and while browsing for bookmarks, this lass's nose nudged me. She seemed to be sniffing my dogs on me, and was quite intent on it and looked so sad when I hand to drag myself away. I ambled over to the food section to wait for my son, and she found me again...this time she wasn't letting me go anywhere, so we settled down for a wee scratch! Her name's Biscuit. :wub:

post-1604-0-17263800-1441004143_thumb.jpg

And, yes, I know, I have a funny-shaped head...! :blush:  

Edited by Tumbleweed

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see him up and about and glad he lost the cone - it's just not cool. The incision looks good -" like a cornish pasty" as a patient once commented to me after his below knee amputation.

Hahahaha! I love that! And Cornish rhymes with Squamish!  :thumbup:

When we finally got indoors after sunset on Friday, he lay on my lap...I said to him: "What am I going to do with you, Conehead the Barkbarian? He farted, got up and wandered off indignantly... :blush:

Popped up to the pub last night, and saw my mate Rich out for a run, so I looked after Molly and Bailey for him for a bit...

post-1604-0-00570300-1441086741_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-81554100-1441086755_thumb.jpg 

...just like how the light caught their eyes...

Edited by Tumbleweed

What a weekend!

I was nervous at the vet's on Friday. When the door opened, Squmaish popped his head around the jamb, and I thought he would need to be picked up and carried to the car...the he came screaming along the waiting room floor, skidded and splayed across the floor to me! Those cones can stop a dog getting a wounds, but can't sdtop their tongues from getting to your face!

attachicon.gifCNtiF3tW8AAScul.jpg

Got him home, there was a wee bit of sniffing and, like, "where the %#@* have you been?" from the others...

attachicon.gifCNhI6GNW8AAsZkN.jpg

He settled in quick, even grabbing the bag of balls I had bought at the vet out of the car. The vet said it's like "he had no emotional attachment to the limb". And she was so right! By the second throw, he had worked it out, and used his stump as a landing patch...sliding himself down onto it, and would scoop the ball in his cone!

I was texting a mate early on Saturday morning, and she asked me how long he had to keep the cone on. I said: "It'll be gone by day-end." I was right, but he had some help from Scar doing his best impression of a vervet monkey...

attachicon.gifCNl9sxwWwAU6fo4.jpg

Sunday mornings are for lying in the kitchen while brekkie is made and slips off the counter by accident for the dogs to eat...Squamish did look a tad sus about what I was doing on the floor...

attachicon.gifCNp9MhdWIAAfruM.jpg

Ghost just looked bored about life...

attachicon.gifCNp_wm2VAAA_sIy.jpg

These two pics show the amputation, apologies if they're a bit graphic...

attachicon.gifCNtiKnFWEAAJn7W.jpg

attachicon.gifCNtiNFqWIAATKlL.jpg

Thanks again for all the prayers, wishes and thoughts! Really helped!

My son saw that pic of Ghost and he instantly fell in love. Edited by Gen

Lucy cat has us all where she wants us.. serving at her pleasure. .

I have had plenty cats in my life, but Lucy is so different.. the stories she tells me and the demands she makes.. hubby says I won't need another child I have Lucy

post-39623-1441087624,5475.jpg

My son saw that pic of Ghost and he instantly fell in love.

He's become quite a hit around the local markets! People always ask after him if I don't take him along. 

Lucy cat has us all where she wants us.. serving at her pleasure. .

I have had plenty cats in my life, but Lucy is so different.. the stories she tells me and the demands she makes.. hubby says I won't need another child I have Lucy

attachicon.gif20150831_214131.jpg

Hubby is a very wise man...

Hubby is a very wise man...

She's 4 now and as she gets older she gets more lovable

I would really like to get another kitten, but I don't think Lucy will accept another cat.. she's very territorial, and she's a small cat, but it is her house and all the cats in the neighbourhood know that.

Squams gets his stitches out today!

Been a bit of a weird week with him. He's been so good, but has had his moments. He is as singleminded about his ball as always, and always energetic, but I can't help but think there's a wee touch of sadness on his eye.

I may just be projecting though...

Anyhows, it's the weekend, and time for loads of long walks and dam visits! 

Squams gets his stitches out today!

Been a bit of a weird week with him. He's been so good, but has had his moments. He is as singleminded about his ball as always, and always energetic, but I can't help but think there's a wee touch of sadness on his eye.

I may just be projecting though...

Anyhows, it's the weekend, and time for loads of long walks and dam visits!

Was wondering how Squamish is coming along. Good to hear that he is doing well

And how is you mom doing after her knee op?

Was wondering how Squamish is coming along. Good to hear that he is doing well

And how is you mom doing after her knee op?

She's doing great actually. Complained a bit yesterday that she had a bit of pain in it...but we reckon that's just the cold front. She's had a constant stream of visitors at home, bearing foodies and goodies, so she's lapping up the attention...and her grandson - my youngest  - is lapping up the food! Hahahaha! So glad the stress of the those recent weeks has passed!

She's doing great actually. Complained a bit yesterday that she had a bit of pain in it...but we reckon that's just the cold front. She's had a constant stream of visitors at home, bearing foodies and goodies, so she's lapping up the attention...and her grandson - my youngest  - is lapping up the food! Hahahaha! So glad the stress of the those recent weeks has passed!

All this lapping....you do realize you are talking about your mom and son and not your dogs!