Just keep left...

MJ the Expat

The real problem comes when race organisers join short and long routes just before big climbs or single track. Then everyone is tired. As a woman, we race slower than the leading men, so will be further behind the short route field - and the walkers and pushers. I tend to be loud, and shout from a distance that I am on your left/right, please hold your line (non single track) usually works well. But then there will always be that one ass that has to chirp something about the race has already been won, or something equalily intelligent. when meanwhile, I am leading the ladies race. On single track, if there's someone slower than me, I look for ways around, let them know that I'm passing and do so. If someone is faster behind, I offer them track, and move when I can. Also works well.

Pet hate - the two riders chatting away at 2kph taking whole track. 3 ppl pushing a very ridable hill next to eachother. And ppl swerving on decents...that's just dangerous, never mind passing!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ, cheerup.

Pass when its safe for you, you cant expect another mtb rider in front of you to specially make way for you, i certainly wouldnt as I'd be focussed on the task at hand, not what guys behind me are up to.

Tyre Buzz. Grebel the Gremlin.

Yeah. It sure works. Jus' don't do it to me. I will make you straighten my rotor with a plastic fork....take all night if you will. ;)

I only do it to my mates... :clap:

To the okes who shout track, passing right, Get outta my way or whatever, if you are that good there will probably be a lead motorcycle in front of you ushering people aside for you so you don't have to ask. If you are stuck behind an unsuspecting newbie who can't ride single track, you probably deserve to be there. If you want fast flowing single track, buy a license, train harder, get seeded and run with the big dogs out front. If you had a mechanical and got delayed and passed by Mrs Jones and her 7 year old son, your race is pretty much F@#%&d any way so sit back and enjoy the scenery without the red mist!

If it is none of the above, just wait your turn and pass when it is safe to do so without running anybody into the cattle fences.