Just keep left...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my call: "If is safe can I pass on the right please" ... usually works very well.

Sarcasm aside, you are spot on Hairy. It just blows my mind how many people don't know left from right though ! :unsure:

shooweeee - so aggro the MTB'ers and here I was thinking that you all waved at each other all of the time.

shooweeee - so aggro the MTB'ers and here I was thinking that you all waved at each other all of the time.

Signs that the roadies have infiltrated the MTB scene ....... tongue.gif

Bunch of Prima Donnas

Its not as if you are going to be stuck on single track for 10km.Does not exist in SA :thumbdown:

Most of it is jeeptrack which has 2 lanes....yay :thumbup:

Now all you have to do as a rider is hold your line so the oke behind can say coming left or right and get on with it.

You okes are like those old farts in the right lane sticking to the speed limit and not pulling over.

In an event recently, down a rocky technical section, with max only room for 1 rider on the track, some dude who started in about z batch of the short distance, tried to squeeze past my current wife and her mate. They had to pull off to the side, get off and let him through. Few metres later our hero went tip and rolling over the bars, and they rode past him sprawling. Sometimes MTB levels the playing field itself.

What is with the attitude boet?

So I come up behind a slower rider doing the shorter distance.

Me: "Keep left when you can please.". No shouting. Just letting him know there is a faster oke behind him that would like to get past.

So the tjop lets rip with:

"How the F%$K am I supposed to keep left???"

Hey, dumbass, I asked nicely! From now on, just keep the heck left!

Here's exactly what I hate about XC races. MJ, what gives you the right to order others around? READ what you wrote there. "Keep left when you can please". Yay, what a hero. I wouldn't budge an inch for you.

just respect the dirt and each other!

1) if you're pushing your bike, get TF out of the way, even slow guys behind you deserve the chance to "ride" the entire route.

2) if you shout "track" or "passing on your right / left" after 5 hours of riding on a long MTB marathon, don't expect okes to fall over their wheels to accommodate you. You had 5 hours to pass them. However, it it happens in the first hour or two, the guys probably had a bad start / puncture and want to make their way up the ladder and there should not be a problem to accommodate them in return.

Yip - if I do need to overtake I pick a line and calmly let the person know so that they don't get the fright of their lives. "Coming through on the right" comes across a lot better than "keep left".

Fully agree that there's no rule saying keep left, pass right. Each person has the right to pick which line they want to ride on.

Bunch of Prima Donnas

Its not as if you are going to be stuck on single track for 10km.Does not exist in SA :thumbdown:

Most of it is jeeptrack which has 2 lanes....yay :thumbup:

Now all you have to do as a rider is hold your line so the oke behind can say coming left or right and get on with it.

You okes are like those old farts in the right lane sticking to the speed limit and not pulling over.

You need to come to Cape Town and ride the trails that the Tygerberg MTB club have been doing ... lots and lots of ST in the Tygerberg hills area with enough space at time to allow for overtaking ... good work done by this club! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

You need to come to Cape Town and ride the trails that the Tygerberg MTB club have been doing ... lots and lots of ST in the Tygerberg hills area with enough space at time to allow for overtaking ... good work done by this club! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

:thumbup: Are you a member of the club?We put on the Kalahari Challenge and have managed to stitch together single track which are created by animals and okes from the villages on their humber bikes and footpaths to gives us about 70% of the route in single track.Check out the report in the latest Ride Mag ( :blush: )

Here's exactly what I hate about XC races. MJ, what gives you the right to order others around? READ what you wrote there. "Keep left when you can please". Yay, what a hero. I wouldn't budge an inch for you.

You are nasty and selfish

Oh look. Laid back, cooler than the other side of the pillow mountain bikers getting their panties in a wad again. Ping Sean: Put this one in your magazine.

If you hold ME up it means you are even slower than Scotty , I suggest you get your ass off the trail and go and play bowls . Don't wait for a faster rider to lick you ass to pass , just bloody do it and get it over with .

If you hold ME up it means you are even slower than Scotty , I suggest you get your ass off the trail and go and play bowls . Don't wait for a faster rider to lick you ass to pass , just bloody do it and get it over with .

Just slap him across the back of the head with a meaty fillet to let him know you are there