New Car giving trouble - what would you do?

Ratty

Ok, I know this is a cycling forum, but i'm really annoyed and need some advice.

I bought a brand new Peugeot 207 2 months ago.  Since then it has been giving me problems including not starting, cutting out when I'm at a robot or in traffic (my clutch is in at the time) and cutting out the moment I start reversing.

I've so far taken the car in twice for them to attempt to fix it and still its not working.  The first time they just changed some of the computer settings, it didn't help.  The 2nd time they upgraded the software and cleaned the throttle.  Now I know I'm a girl, but can someone please explain why this would be necessary on a car less than 2 months old? 

Now we spoke to the branch manager and he is asking that I bring it in a 3rd time for them to try fix it.  I don't see the point of this.  Its wastes my time and energy.

What I need to know is what are the next possible actions I can take? 

P.S  5 years ago I had a similar situation where I took my old fiesta into the garage 6 times in 2 months with no success.  I eventually just traded it in (on a good day when it was actually working) so some poor sucker ended up with the problem which I still feel guilty about.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, mention Cyclelab's name and maybe Mighty Mouse will step in and sort out your problem. Wink

Seriously, speak to the Dealer Principal and don't waste your time with the branch manager.

The Thug2007-12-07 05:13:18

Robotech's suggestion is the best, go directly to Head Office and send your letter to different departments including the MD.

My only uncle unfortunately is in the UK so that option is out Cry

Mampara, I specially bought a new car for the first time because I've had enough of 2nd cars that break down.  I just seem to have really bad luck with cars.

Demand a new car!  There was nothing wrong with the money you paid them with, why settle for a faulty product?

Being a woman makes it just more dangerous riding around with an unreliable car.

If you financed it, the garage can do an 'item swop' at the bank, ie change the details,VIN & eng nrs on the contract and you keep the advantage of the past two months' debit orders you paid.

Beware of what the garage tells you what is wrong. (I had brake fluid dripping in the new car from the reservoir and they tried telling me it's grease from my clutch pedal....

I'm not even going to start on French Cars!!!

(trade it in, get a toyota) LOL

jaa, ok, i know that helps nothing

The back up service of the French motor manufacturers in SA is very poor. Camping on their doorstep is unlikely to resolve any issues either. My MIL2B worked for one and they had huge staff trunover - including the DP. In fact they didn't have a DP for nearly 6 months after he resigned.

I would suggest you register post your questions on http://www.cartoday.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi. I'm a member there too and many of the guys work in the motor industry and know the channels on how to sort car sh!t out.

Alternatively you could contact "hellopeter".

I will not even start with the Attitude given by a certain service manager at NISSAN. I must admit i have not been sworn at and treated like that before. Before you buy, see what you get...

I will never go near that Nissan dealership again...

I'll give the letter option a try' date=' but if that doesn't work, what then?  [/quote']

Don't write. Make an appointment to see the Dealer principal. Thicken it up if you must, pinch a tear if you can.  (And demand a loaner in the same breath).