Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Do you think all people that smoke are incapable of doing sporting activities. How many professional rugby & football players smoke, the answer will be more then you think ;)

@Caerus your quit still going strong?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 weeks.

Going on holiday and not feeling very strong.........

Damn

C'mon Tubeless! Keep the run going dude! You CAN beat this thing!

4 weeks.

Going on holiday and not feeling very strong.........

Damn

Your holiday should help you take your mind off it, sun and fun!

• 2 weeks later...

on the 8th of Aug - I will be 4 months clean :) no lapse, nothing - just clean

CONGRATS BD!!!!! Here's to many more!

Caerus, you're quiet.... How are you doing dude?

I've been back on the ciggies for about 3 weeks now, smoking like a trooper :cursing: Not a happy chappy, I think I would have killed someone if I hadn't smoked, back to the drawing board for me I guess.

Ag nooit brah! C'mon buddy, you can do this and keep it going! 3rd time's a charm! Quit today and save yourself from having to go the whole turnaround hard and heavy route!

(You may need to really consider a hardcore alternative to when life's moments push you into reaching for the cigs)

Ag nooit brah! C'mon buddy, you can do this and keep it going! 3rd time's a charm! Quit today and save yourself from having to go the whole turnaround hard and heavy route!

(You may need to really consider a hardcore alternative to when life's moments push you into reaching for the cigs)

I thought about having a spliff, but would kind of defeat the point in not smoking(just kidding). Short of busting a vein or having a stroke, I just could not get by without having. It was not even after drinking.

Any suggestions on a possible hardcore alternative. I'm back on the champix so need to wait 4 more days before quiting again, so hopefully this time is it.

I thought about having a spliff, but would kind of defeat the point in not smoking(just kidding). Short of busting a vein or having a stroke, I just could not get by without having. It was not even after drinking.

Any suggestions on a possible hardcore alternative. I'm back on the champix so need to wait 4 more days before quiting again, so hopefully this time is it.

I quit 18 months ago after 30 years! - mountain biking helped me quit and being able to shag for hrs on end keeps me from starting again!

I quit 18 months ago after 30 years! - mountain biking helped me quit and being able to shag for hrs on end keeps me from starting again!

Bwah ha ha.

Awesome idea ramsew! Caerus, why not make an arrangement with the missus that if the urge becomes that hectic, you drop what you are doing, wherever you are and make a line to get to her for some happiness to the body! That's a very useful alternative!!!!

It's called will power.

Nobody said it would be easy. That's why it is called an addiction. I know a few people (myself included...) that used the stress angle as an excuse to go back to the sticks. Trust me, it isn't worth it. You were off them for a while so having been back on for three weeks isn't the end of the world. Think of it as a minor setback. When you get stressed, don't think about smoking. Think about something else that will take you away from the situation.

At the end of the day it is a head game. Ask yourself who's in charge? Don't be ruled by a little tobacco stick. You CAN do it :thumbup: There are plenty people that have quit. No reason you can't do it.

Good Luck!!

Awesome idea ramsew! Caerus, why not make an arrangement with the missus that if the urge becomes that hectic, you drop what you are doing, wherever you are and make a line to get to her for some happiness to the body! That's a very useful alternative!!!!

Thats half the problem she live in CT, and myself in Durban at the moment, adds to the stress levels.

I hear what eveyone is saying, will get back on track by this weekend hopefully. Thanks for all the support people, much appreciated. I said earlier that failure is not an option, I'm still sticking to that :thumbup: