SunScreen!

Neg

Techniblock available from Dischem. Best sunscreen ever!

+1 on Techniblok. Will not wash of even immersed in water for 3 hours. It was prescribed by my Oncologist after I developed a skin cancer on my cheek that had to be nuked.Police Technical shooting used to use it. Best of all it allows the skin to breathe normally. When choosing a sunblock for sport use, this is extremely important as you can overheat very rapidly.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very fair skin, also had a cancer scare. I also tried many different brands as my sports of choice are cycling, golf and water skiing. So i spend plenty of time in sun. I actually stumbled upon Ironman 8 hour on The Hub a couple of years back, i think Bruce Diesel mentioned the name. It really is as good as it says and i have converted at least 10 of my friends and my kids 2 & 4 do not leave the house each day without it on their arms and face. They have changed the name to Solrx, not the cheapest but i highly recommend you give it a try.

www.solrx.com

Edited by shadowchaser-d

SP20 in the spray bottle is great. Even works on my bles. Aerosol is a waste and freaken cold.

Been using SP20 since the early 90's.

+1 on Techniblok. Will not wash of even immersed in water for 3 hours. It was prescribed by my Oncologist after I developed a skin cancer on my cheek that had to be nuked.Police Technical shooting used to use it. Best of all it allows the skin to breathe normally. When choosing a sunblock for sport use, this is extremely important as you can overheat very rapidly.

I went and bought some of this stuff today, will try it out next week, I got the SP50 and that little tube of sunblock so I can keep it in my camelbak.

I burn in the shade so from my experience

Nivea 30+ anti aging face cream works a treat

Have just bought the 50+ will see how that works

Otherwise try P20 also fine it works well from Dischem

I started using the Nivea 50+ (small white tube with blue lid) and am very impressed. It's water resistant and not thick and greasy like other water resistant sunblocks so it spreads easily. I've not had any problems with it stinging my eyes unlike other products I've tried.

I agree Techniblock is the best. Will not use anything else.

Techniblok does burn my eyes when the seating starts. We purchased a sunblock cream that I use on my nose, eyes, forehead and cheeks called Coverderm, that we bought at the Argus Expo. It works well. Does not burn and worx very very well, but was horrendously expensive, but what price do you put against protection?

Use any SPF30 for babies. It won't burn your eyes when you sweat. If it is safe for babies it should be fine for you!

yeah, there are a few out there that don't burn, but they run when i sweat.... so im looking for non oily, non burn and non run.... locally....

The stuff exists but not available locally- so if ANY one knows someone who is going to or coming back from the States.... PLEASE PM me!!! :)

PS, to keep more sweat out of your eyes, rub a small bit of Vaseline in a line above your eyebrows.

Thanks Awesome tip...

Will try it. "My Eyes Burrrrn" when I ride in summer.