Attakwas 2012

Dryland

Go for the 29er hardtail. While you might enjoy the Zula on some of the descents, I think the 29er will be of more benefit in the 2nd half of the race. Remember to stop and enjoy the burgers, doughnuts and other treats.

+1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have taken the plunge and have entered for the first time. I am 43 and no racing snake and just want to finish the event within the cutoff time. Would you recommend riding a 26" full suspension (Morewood Zula) or a 29er hardtail. There is a weight advantage with the 29er as well as it having a more comfortable riding position, but the terrain seems to suit the full suspension bike. I have ridden the 29er for between 8 and 10 hrs in 4 previous races, but never the Zula for more than 4 hrs. For me its not as relaxed as the 29er, but much more forgiving on the lower back.

Thanks

Siggie

Did my first 2 Attas on my hardtail (26inch). This year I did it on the Zula. I made up more than 2 hours in the first half and lost less than 1 hour on the second half, compared to my hardtail times. The zula gives me much more traction on the 25% plus inclines in the first half, leading to better efficiency and making much more of the steep ups ridable. No second guess required as to what bike I'm taking next year.

I reckon a 2X10 full sus. 29'er will be lekka at Atta.

That would be my weapon of choice as well, but only if I can afford something that weighs more-or-less the same as my current 26er dual.

The date is Saturday 14 January 2012

As a result of this some delays we had in finalising the route, we will open up limited entries on 8 November on a first come first serve basis.

Those of you that cannot get an entry can come and do the Atta Mini over 52km that attracted almost 300 entries in 2011.

We have decided to keep the route the same as in 2011 so all can know exactly what to expect!

Hope to see you in Jan!

Cheers

Carel

the full race start at CHANDELIERS game farm but were in Groot-Brak does the mini start and finish? the GPS location will help a lot.

the full race start at CHANDELIERS game farm but were in Groot-Brak does the mini start and finish? the GPS location will help a lot.

Pine creek in Grootbrak rivier Riaan.Hoekom moet 'n mens so sukkel met julle Ladismitters???

Shyte, just entered my first!! :huh:

You okes are pondering about bikes, im worried about having the legs.

See you guys there! :thumbup:

thumbup1.gif ditto!

• 3 weeks later...

+1

All entrants please make sure you received your very important final rider coms

Somevery important seeding and safety info included

THOSE NOT ENTERED YET, PLEASE COME AND DO A LINE ENTRY!