Attakwas 2012

Dryland

Oh my soul this was the best race I've done to date! Waterpoints, scenery, the route, everything was just top class.

First Attakwas and managed a 8h08, and keen to keep improving on that every year!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeez what did you do different, trained more? 6hrs is super fast! Bike, hardtail or dual?

Hartail Scott 29er.Crashed less than last year:-)

Hartail Scott 29er.Crashed less than last year:-)

Well done !!! Ek moet bietjie tips by jou kry ;-)

Rode my first Attakwas with my dad. We managed 9.5 hours. Toughest ride I've ever done!

I know that's not a good time compared to the majority of the riders on the day, but the type of riders that enter this event is way different to the shorter races. We are happy just to finish this marathon.

It was great, but I won't be back for more pain anytime soon.

Well done !!! Ek moet bietjie tips by jou kry ;-)

Mr.pedro ek moet tips by jou kry,het al daai downhills gestap,nes in Robertson.ek's 'n sissie!!!

Well done aan almal wat hierdie race klaargemaak het, MAAR, 100 x so veel Well Done aan die ou met die swart Fixie Single Speed! As jy klaar gemaak het.... RESPECT

Hahaha, well done everyone that finished! The Cape Pionneer Trek of 2010 used the Attekwas route as its first stage and we managed that OK and then had to ride another 100km the next day. And the following 5 days... Not that hard if you train well.

again an awesome and faultlessly organised event. Managed to better my time 3rd year running and don't know if it will be possible to keep up the trend!

Dryland, any chances of the event taking place in school holidays next year?

ps - lots of people taking pics on the way - any idea where to view them? (somebody posted some stunning ones on fb last year)

Well done aan almal wat hierdie race klaargemaak het, MAAR, 100 x so veel Well Done aan die ou met die swart Fixie Single Speed! As jy klaar gemaak het.... RESPECT

Was he on a Singlespeed or a Fixie ?

Hahaha, well done everyone that finished! The Cape Pionneer Trek of 2010 used the Attekwas route as its first stage and we managed that OK and then had to ride another 100km the next day. And the following 5 days... Not that hard if you train well.

Wow - you must be the most hardcore mountain biker ever. Well done.

Wow - you must be the most hardcore mountain biker ever. Well done.

Yip, that and also the fact that some have said that it was not the full Atta route wacko.png

Aaww, thanks Velouria! No man, I'm a half roadie!biggrin.png I wouldn't know if it was the full route or not, but it was tough! Not bragging, sorry if that was the impression!blush.png