Attakwas 2012

Dryland

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaww, thanks Velouria! No man, I'm a half roadie!biggrin.png I wouldn't know if it was the full route or not, but it was tough! Not bragging, sorry if that was the impression!blush.png

Eish Sias my tjom, you are even in bigger trouble now, half roadie, that means you are no good at either whistling.gif

Ps. just yanking your chain a bit here thumbup1.gif

Rode my first Attakwas with my dad. We managed 9.5 hours. Toughest ride I've ever done!

I know that's not a good time compared to the majority of the riders on the day, but the type of riders that enter this event is way different to the shorter races. We are happy just to finish this marathon.

It was great, but I won't be back for more pain anytime soon.

thumbup1.gif

Aaww, thanks Velouria! No man, I'm a half roadie!biggrin.png I wouldn't know if it was the full route or not, but it was tough! Not bragging, sorry if that was the impression!blush.png

For the average rider, Attakwas is a big event, and it's quite an accomplishment just to get to the start line let alone finish. Have a look at the guys and girls finishing in 9+ hours and see the emotions on their faces - not your typical endurance race snakes. They wear the event shirt with pride, many of them having just completed their toughest outing on a bike. Give them their 15 minutes of glory.

Ek het n sonbril opgetel op eerste downhill na waterpunt 2. PM details en ek pos hom vir jou.

I think they might be mine. If they are Oakleys, you can have them. They were R50.

Really a great race. Loved every minute. Was my first Atta, although did do it in Pioneer 2010 too. Was pretty happy with my 6:45. Had a bit left for an attempted sprint for 5th (lady)...dam corners got me 6th! Can't complain, everything was brilliant. Dryland you out do yourself every event.

My (new) husband lost his wedding ring, either en route (probably) or at the finish when he took off his gloves. If anyone picked it up, please let me know. We've only been married one month, and he's already losing it!!

Fixed front fork, single speed

I was going to say, on a fixie that would be a monumental task, singlespeed rigid, well that's the best way to do Atta thumbup1.gif

Managed to better my time 3rd year running and don't know if it will be possible to keep up the trend!

Hey, MTBM there are only two minutes to find ;-)

Really a great race. Loved every minute. Was my first Atta, although did do it in Pioneer 2010 too. Was pretty happy with my 6:45. Had a bit left for an attempted sprint for 5th (lady)...dam corners got me 6th! Can't complain, everything was brilliant. Dryland you out do yourself every event.

My (new) husband lost his wedding ring, either en route (probably) or at the finish when he took off his gloves. If anyone picked it up, please let me know. We've only been married one month, and he's already losing it!!

Have sent you a PM.... might have some good news for you.

me and my dad managed to finish in 9h59min55sec :) the feeling was unbelievable, I just fell to my knees and kissed the ground with tears in my eyes.... it was by far the hardest thing I had to do in my life....

me and my dad managed to finish in 9h59min55sec :) the feeling was unbelievable, I just fell to my knees and kissed the ground with tears in my eyes.... it was by far the hardest thing I had to do in my life....

Well done Jarek, that is awesome for sure :thumbup: