New Absa Cape Epic Logo

DJR

New Cape Epic Logo  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

My good mate from Supergroup Jeff reckons the new logo is not Africa.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Agreed. Looks very generic. Or is that what they trying to do? Making it less "Africa"? Can't think why you would wanna go that route? Surely the foreign riders wanna have an Africa experience and us local boykies wanna be proud about it being an African race? Sorry, I'm rambling...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Epic Fail! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: LOL

The old one looks better - looks the same style as the Dakar logo.... much better than the new :thumbup:

In JHB it would have been done in 2½ days. Julle bergies is stadig.

Ah, in that time, we've been riding on the mountain. You're still in the treaffic trying to get to the office.

I looks *** to you. Your opinion is certainly valid, I'm still undecided. Wait and see how it feels after your mind has forgotten the old logo, and when we get to see it played out on merch, tents, stickers, screen etc. The old logo was rubbish. It looks like clip art from a Corel CD. It's junk.

In your opinion, as it seems most people don't agree with you.

Secondly, I don't need to show or prove anything when I'm voicing an opinion with regards to the design, like someone else said as well, all to late now.

In your opinion, as it seems most people don't agree with you.

Secondly, I don't need to show or prove anything when I'm voicing an opinion with regards to the design, like someone else said as well, all to late now.

Actually you do, since you pulled out your "I'm a graphic designer, so I know" card. Put your money where your mouth is. If you are as informed as you make out to be, then let's see some of your logo work. Link please.

Agreed. Looks very generic. Or is that what they trying to do? Making it less "Africa"? Can't think why you would wanna go that route? Surely the foreign riders wanna have an Africa experience and us local boykies wanna be proud about it being an African race? Sorry, I'm rambling...

Kevin Vermaak remarked on Wednesday that the Epic is becoming a global brand.

I like it...even if it's only because my Zula's value hopefully increased a few bob with the old epic sticker still on it...

They have to go global because no one in SA can afford to take part.

I like it...even if it's only because my Zula's value hopefully increased a few bob with the old epic sticker still on it...

Vermaak joked about the two riders who had the old logo tattooed after finishing the race, and wondered if they'd get the new one done too! :lol:

Hmmmm....I guess we should be proud that a SA business (because lets face it, the Epic has become big business) is doing so well, but part of me feels that they should be very careful not to forget their roots.

Ah, off to Vida for an hour or two, to pretend I'm actually doing some conceptualising ...

Hope they have a smoking area… :D

Actually you do, since you pulled out your "I'm a graphic designer, so I know" card. Put your money where your mouth is. If you are as informed as you make out to be, then let's see some of your logo work. Link please.

Actually I don't need to do anything ;)

..........looks the same style as the Dakar logo....

Interesting connection which I can suddenly see, now that you mentioned it.

post-17716-0-40632900-1319795884.png

That wuz moi then... nothing to do with proving anything, just interested to see what other designers would have conceptualised.

Don't be so sensitive man :P ...