How much does your bike cost and what group do you ride?

The_Break

How much does your bike cost  

125 members have voted

1. 1. How much does your bike cost and what group do you ride?

• <10k in A/B/C
    • 10 - 20K in A/B/C
    • 20-30k in A/B/C
    • 30-40k in A/B/C
    • 40-60k in A/B/C
    • 60-80k in A/B/C
    • >80k in A/B/C
    • <10k in D/E/F
    • 10 - 20K in D/E/F
    • 20-30k in D/E/F
    • 30-40k in D/E/F
    • 40-60k in D/E/F
    • 60-80k in D/E/F
    • >80k in D/E/F
    • <10k in G-Z
    • 10 - 20K in G-Z
    • 20-30k in G-Z
    • 30-40k in G-Z
    • 40-60k in G-Z
    • >60 in G-Z

Hi

Would be interesting to see if there is a clear trend and what your thoughts are if there is. Is it partly due to better performing bikes or just that the better riders put more money toward there passion/sport?

Edited by The_Break

Ran out of options so just put where you would most probably be if forced out of those cats. Only 20 per question available.

there is littel correlation between performance and cost of components. Performance comes from passion and training. Components comes from either sponsors or disposable income.

A logical jump is that if you are training instead of working to earn an income, you will not be able to purchase nice bling. However, you do get those that prioritise cycling over work, family, possessions and friends.

:lol: good thing its a poll and you don't have to say what your bike is worht othewise some very upset wifes would have you sleeping on the couch!

:lol: good thing its a poll and you don't have to say what your bike is worht othewise some very upset wifes would have you sleeping on the couch!

So where were you and your cheap Pina today? ;) :P

So where were you and your cheap Pina today? ;) :P

Please bru, get your facts straight, I took my old bike in for a service and they gave me the Pina as a loan bike, "I did not spend a cent on it, promise!"

I waited like 3 months for replacement parts but the manufacturer stopped making that specific part, so I got to keep the loan bike!

:lol: ;)

You always have to have your story prepared bud! :lol:

I was there, cycled through from home, got there a bit late, did the 50km ride (solo TT) and went to work.

Please bru, get your facts straight, I took my old bike in for a service and they gave me the Pina as a loan bike, "I did not spend a cent on it, promise!"

I waited like 3 months for replacement parts but the manufacturer stopped making that specific part, so I got to keep the loan bike!

:lol: ;)

You always have to have your story prepared bud! :lol:

I was there, cycled through from home, got there a bit late, did the 50km ride (solo TT) and went to work.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dude, that one will not work with my wife!

Missed you out in the bunch today..... both you and Rob (he said he was going to be there). See you tomorrow..... btw, you know the route? I don't :blink:

Ja, we cycling out to Swellendam, doing the DC route, staying over in Swellendam and cycling back Monday morning, should be back for lunch! See you tomorrow! Go to bed now!

there is littel correlation between performance and cost of components. Performance comes from passion and training. Components comes from either sponsors or disposable income.

A logical jump is that if you are training instead of working to earn an income, you will not be able to purchase nice bling. However, you do get those that prioritise cycling over work, family, possessions and friends.

I would say there probably is a correlation between the group you ride and the value of your equipment (Note, correlation does not mean causation). I suspect you will find more expensive bikes in higher groups simply because these people generally take the sport more seriously and thus are more likely to feel that they can justify the higher cost of a more expensive bike.

I think that the top 3/4 groups have really nice bikes, the next few have quite nice, and then the next few, the middle section have the best bikes. These are the people who are a bit older and have the money to splash out on top end bikes.

But i could be wrong.

And don't miss next week's episode of Curiosity Killed the Cat where we'll be asking:

How big is your willie and how often to you have sex.

LOOK 566 with Dura ace 7800 and Mavic Cosmic SL......not sure what it's worth.

Trek 8500 custom with XT and Red metal 1 wheels.....not sure what it's worth.