Club 100 vs Cycle Lab

Falco

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have written countless letters to CycleLab, Club 100 and Capri wheelers complaining about how bad their cyclist behave on the road. Trying to control is a big step from actually controlling them. When was the last time you rode on the cradle route. While there is a perfectly good cycle lane, they still fill the whole road.

I rode with Cycle Lab this morning in the C1 group. We stopped at EVERY red traffic light. That's because

we have been instructed to do so and our marshals are required to do so by the Club.

The people that went through the red lights were people outside Clubs like yourself. It seems you lot

feel like you can do whatever the damn you like, then if you have a problem with it, you blame the

clubs who are trying to instil some discipline in their members.

I guess you maths are not that good. R950 is damn close to R1000. I don't care what it includes. You can still get it cheaper if you do not need all the social crap.

You obviously did not manage to read my rely. I apologise - it was more than five words and several of them

were polysyllabic. I did not take issue with the first part of the statement, but with the statement as a whole.

I attempted to explain that one gets a lot more for R950 (for new members) or R450 (for existing members)

than "a tent".

I can draw a picture for you, if required.

As for the "social crap", I'm not surprised you have to ride by yourself...

Like I said before. I have belonged to a few clubs in my 18 years of cycling and none of them obey the rules. The slower groups are better but they only ride through the stop streets slower.

You speak ****... Plain and to the point. You state you don't ride with Clubs, but yet you seem to know more

about them than the people who do.

Well I'd have to say Club 100, Angie works very hard to get things done. The club like to help people, they donated this HUGE bag of clothing and shoes and parts for a colored boy who lived with us when he was sponsored by Club 100.

They got a sponsor to help pay for his school, clothing, transport while he was living with us for that time. They even DONATED a full carbon Eddy Mercx - Brand new for him to ride with.

My father owns the Club 100 Academy for younger riders and they pay attention to every detail and help where they can! I was in the sponsored team for the academy for 2 years, my brother is entering his 4th year in the sponsored team, so our whole family is @ Club 100.

Great spirit at Club 100 :clap:

Angie is a great gal, but I ride with another club. I'll say hi to her when if I see her at a training session next week.

I've seen both groups run red lights - but I've seen plenty more cars do it at 6am on a Saturday AM.

I'm a member of Club 100 - and joined after my wife had a very negative experience on a trial run with Cyclelab when she was dropped off the back of the last group, and nobody looked out for her. She has never had that experience with Club 100. That may not be an issue if you are moderately quick - but to me it spoke volumes of the attitude of the club.

I don't use the membership as much as I could, but I enjoy the odd ride out with the Club, and the MTB long rides when I do them - you see trails/routes that you would probably not find on your own.

Agreed, going through a red light when there are no cars in sight is a decision made by the logical part of the human brain...let's not align it only to cyclists. Do you ever walk across a pedestrian crossing before the green man appears? No different!

I'm already a ROAG member, have been for some time, but getting a bit concerned about riding solo all the time.

If I could find a couple of riders in Midrand to train with, I wouldn't bother with a club,

BUT,

finding those riders is not as easy as it may seem.

Well there is a multitude of riders in Midrand, but if you were like the grumpy grouch coming out of Carlswald on his hardtail this morning, then one can understand why some okes find it difficult to intermingle.

Well there is a multitude of riders in Midrand, but if you were like the grumpy grouch coming out of Carlswald on his hardtail this morning, then one can understand why some okes find it difficult to intermingle.

You were always friendly when I rode with you in Midrand - even when you were turning on the pain.

I miss those days! ;)

Guys I hope this is not a dumb question...but do any of these clubs do MTB rides as well?

I would like to get fit and ride with some people...I was held up (not cycling related) and it does make me nervous to ride on my own now...

Guys I hope this is not a dumb question...but do any of these clubs do MTB rides as well?

I would like to get fit and ride with some people...I was held up (not cycling related) and it does make me nervous to ride on my own now...

Both of them do yeah, catering to different fitness levels as well.

• 2 weeks later...

does Club100 have marshalls ? and do they have ThinkBike? I have seen a team start out on Beyers - Mulders drift or is that where they pop up from their loop as the site says they start @ Broad acres ?

Now I'm not so sure about Club 100 Cape Town. Sent them an email via their website more than a month ago and still haven't received a reply. It appears this club only caters for elite riders or those who have the potential to become elite riders

Edited by capeofstorms

does Club100 have marshalls ? and do they have ThinkBike? I have seen a team start out on Beyers - Mulders drift or is that where they pop up from their loop as the site says they start @ Broad acres ?

Yes thinkbike are the club100 marshals for the Saturday morning rides which either leave from Broadcares (cradle) or Mugg and Bean in Woodmead (old pta road route). They alternate between the 2 venues.

Now I'm not so sure about Club 100 Cape Town. Sent them an email via their website more than a month ago and still haven't received a reply. It appears this club only caters for elite riders or those who have the potential to become elite riders

My experience coming from JHB to CT was that Club100 in CT are up to sh1te. Luckily for me I managed to find a few great groups of guys who were very welcoming and I haven't looked back. Drop me a PM and Ill go into further detail, because I don't want to slate them here.