Wheel upgrade for Giant Anthem X29er

RallyRob

I originally purchased my 2011 Giant Anthem X29er in February of this year and have been exceptionally happy with all aspects of the bike.....even started doing some racing and have progressed quite quickly through the batches so performance is certainly adequate.

According to my wife there will not be a new bike for 2012 (something to do with a new baby) and I was therefore thinking of upgrading my existing bike instead.

Someone suggested the best performance improvement would be achieved by upgrading the standard wheels but have no idea where to start.......any advice or suggestions???

I don't know if I must congratulate you on your baby or be sad that you're not getting a new bikeblink.gif

A good go to wheel set with adequate weight saving is probably the ZTR Crest 29" in my opinion.

I'm more than happy with mine.

I got the same bike and looking to upgrade the wheels also...Stans ZTR Crest wheelset from buycycle.co.za @ R4480. You will also need to buy a thru-axle adapter for the ZTR front hub, but should be only R150.

A good go to wheel set with adequate weight saving is probably the ZTR Crest 29" in my opinion.

For sure.

Does anybody know the weight of the Giant wheelset? I see the Mavics are 1755g which is not exactly light I suppose, compared to a Hope/Crest Combo of 1550g

I see the Mavics are 1755g which is not exactly light I suppose, compared to a Hope/Crest Combo of 1550g

200grams? Are you kidding me?

200grams? Are you kidding me?

I was more thinking a long the line of if you were to upgrade, one would like the best weight and strength combo for your money. I like my bike as strong as possible, not a weight weenie :blush:

Many thanks for all the advice.............definitely looks like the wheel upgrade will be a worthwhile investment and intend doing some further research on the available options (ZTR Crest 29" certainly looks the way to go)

Many thanks for all the advice.............definitely looks like the wheel upgrade will be a worthwhile investment and intend doing some further research on the available options (ZTR Crest 29" certainly looks the way to go)

R4488 @ Buycycle

(They do have an 80-85kg weight limit though)