Cricket......

E1A104

They always seem to give us trouble in a CWC.

Quite a few pundits have said an RSA vs NZ is a good possibility

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They always seem to give us trouble in a CWC.

them and the windies....

And England

And Bangladesh

And Australia

And India

And Pakistan.......

Comment on cricinfo:

Matt: "I don't understand what South Africa see in Behardien. Ryan McLaren looks just as good a batsman and is ten times the bowler."

Me neither.   I have yet to see one moment of brilliance from Behardien.  It seems Rilee can only score runs on flat wickets.  Else he just don't get off to a start.

Well played Windies. Parnell will have to do some serious introspection on how he handled the last ball of the 49th over and the first 2 balls of the 50th. He really does not seem to have any BMT. With Miller facing 4 of the last 6 balls we could have ended up with 275, which may have been enough.

Well played Windies. Parnell will have to do some serious introspection on how he handled the last ball of the 49th over and the first 2 balls of the 50th. He really does not seem to have any BMT. With Miller facing 4 of the last 6 balls we could have ended up with 275, which may have been enough.

Ahm.......22 extras from our own bowlers....pasella......that is like 3-4 overs extra.

Edited by BarHugger

Ahm.......22 extras from our own bowlers....pasella

Windies gave us 19 extras. Thats not where we lost the initiative.

Windies gave us 19 extras. Thats not where we lost the initiative.

That is the Windie's problem, and to our advantage. 22 extras is still not acceptable......bowling is about restricting runs, not giving it away. Not good enough.

AB's own words: "....bowled a couple of bad balls here and there....","....not nice to know about the extras....free runs....".

Edited by BarHugger

That is the Windie's problem, and to our advantage. 22 extras is still not acceptable......bowling is about restricting runs, not giving it away. Not good enough.

AB's own words: "....bowled a couple of bad balls here and there....".

A few went through the keepers legs as byes , and sometimes the spinners take a chance on a wide to try and get a stumping. Front foot no-balls needs to be looked at as this is unforgivable, we only conceded one of those.

14 wides are probably 7 too many.

Edited by GLuvsMtb

Comment on cricinfo:

Me neither. I have yet to see one moment of brilliance from Behardien. It seems Rilee can only score runs on flat wickets. Else he just don't get off to a start.

IMHO: Behardien is filling a quota player spot. The best of the not good enough to play at this level but has to be included in the team. I mean compared to a JP . They are centuries apart in terms of ability. Furthermore, I dont think Rilee is the man for the job. Not consistent at all. And I am a Free Stater so it is one of our boys. Lastly, and some may not agree. I think that Parnel is a average provincial level player. (And a dope smoker) Edited by Vetseun

IMHO: Behardien is filling a quota player spot. The best of the not good enough to play at this level but has to be included in the team. I mean compared to a JP . They are centuries apart in terms of ability. Furthermore, I dont think Rilee is the man for the job. Not consistent at all. And I am a Free Stater so it is one of our boys. Lastly, and some may not agree. I think that Parnel is a average provincial level player. (And a dope smoker)

Behardien is absolutely useless. Parnell still performs once every 10 matches, or so. If I were Behardien I would remove myself from the squad, a top order batsmen that has not gone past 50 once in 21 innings for SA. Quota 110% for sure. 

All the guys you're moaning about here have got into the squad from consistent top performances in the domestic scene. It's clear there's a huge gulf in stepping up to the international stage.

Parnell has the talent to be the closest thing we'll see to kallis this generation. Bmt is a bacon mayonnaise tomato sandwich for him

All the guys you're moaning about here have got into the squad from consistent top performances in the domestic scene. It's clear there's a huge gulf in stepping up to the international stage.

Parnell has the talent to be the closest thing we'll see to kallis this generation. Bmt is a bacon mayonnaise tomato sandwich for him

OMG, if he is the best around from the domestic scene, we are in for some trouble once AB and # retires.  Miller is starting to come into his own now.  Faf is still too unpredictable.   Morne still don't know he to mark his run-up.

We somehow have lost that edge we used to have in wrapping up very close matches.

them and the windies....

And England

And Bangladesh

And Australia....always!!

And India

And Pakistan.......

Kallis is a one in a century......gonna wait a long time for another....

I have never got the feeling that Parnell is up to international standard. His batting technique is limited and his bowling is ill disciplined (that is putting it lightly). With JK I always had that feeling as he had a presence (QdK gave me that same feeling before he made it into the Proteas setup). A true All Rounder should nail down a spot in the side as either a batsman or a bowler in his own right. Parnell does neither well enough to be there, nor does Behardien. The difference is that Behardien has shown consistent form in the domestic scene in the last 2 or 3 seasons, but seems to struggle with the step up. He bats a bit higher up domestically, but there is no room at the top of the order for him. I certainly would not want to drop AB, Miller or JP down the order to accommodate him. I would much rather play Phangiso or Abbott, with an extra batsman (Rossouw by default). Ontong would probably have been a better fit to bat at 7 or 8 opposed to Behardien and it would have ticked the politically correct boxes too.