Cricket......

E1A104

Draw.

Moral victory for the Proteas.

Aussies (and hub member Delgado) will be dissappointed.

Great game.

aussies gonna battle to come back in perth after that - they really SHOULD have won that

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't believe that they would keep the Aussies out.

Especially with Smith and Amla out early.

This is Gary Kirsten's team, all right.

Only Morkel and Tahir to go......

We are going to lose this one for sure. That would make it two in a row. (YEah, I know the books say we drew the first test, but we still got klapped.)

And if our performance is anything to go by, we are going to lose the next one too.

And which team feels better right now?

Whoop Whoop... Less beach time this time round boys... Maybe be more focussed for the next one...

tongue.png

And which team feels better right now?

SA.

Oz snatched defeat draw from the jaws of victory. Several missed catches, including off Faf 'The Wall'.

Edited by Puncheur

Quote from ESPNcricinfo comments this morning

"Posted by disco_bob on (November 26 2012, 05:29 AM GMT)

What I love about cricket, is that it seems to tune in to the very essence of life. McGrath twisting his ankle changed the course of cricket history. Warne out on 99 on his last chance for a ton. Bradman's average. Love and Waugh. The magic is always unexpected and the expected magic remains teasingly out of reach.

Thus with all the symmetry of SA and Aus, injuries, history, nothing was as expected. Therefore I correctly predicted that this match was destined to be a draw with continuous twists. Not a draw because of the pitch, but a draw in spite of the pitch due to the evenly poised nature of these two teams.

The first two matches were the sussing each other out for the grand finale title fight in Perth, and anything can happen. Yesterday my vision seemed doomed. But lo and behold, if SA draw it will be every bit as remarkable as Australia's domination. A perfect complement. Not on person expected SA to draw today. For me cricket is a psychic phenomenon, and that's how I see it."

Draw.

Moral victory for the Proteas.

Aussies (and hub member Delgado) will be dissappointed.

Great game.

Bitterly! I miss the days when the Baggy Greens could clinically finish sides off! Oh for another Warne or Pidgeon...... Edited by Delgado

Whoop Whoop... Less beach time this time round boys... Maybe be more focussed for the next one...

Think 4 days preparing for a 5 day game is not enough? At the same time the aussie players were sent to their own homes to chill out.

I really like Faf, he's a decent cricketer and has really bided his time. I though he'd come right for the limited overs team but he didn't really take his chances in england. Once all injuries are sorted, just on this game alone I don't see JR above him in the pecking order. As far a i know he was in the same year as AB at affies, and they've played in teams together for yonks. Their dads are also very good pals.

Whilst it was a draw to celebrate, I really think we could have taken this with a more aggressive attitude. It seemed like a lot of the luck went their way, but we bowled badly and threw quite a few wickets away needlessly. We really let the aussies boss us here and need to use this result as positive energy to give them a snotklap in perth.