Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bwhaahaaahaaa. The world champions England, bowled out for 85 in their once off test against Ireland.

Too many pints since the World Cup, mate ????

Aussie Woodworms not faring much better in their warmup/practice game hahaha, this might be the shortest Ashes series yet?!

respectfully Shebeen, I dont have to do anything my friend (im not picking a fight here, we are at a truce nê, because of the side batting first and second won the koppie).

I can hate them with a passion and still enjoy my cricket. the size of my erection when they lost to England was such that I almost poked my own eye out. I will rather see the Sandpaper class win 10 world cups than see the Indians reach the final. And come April when they have their little Parkie League, channel 202 becomes a no-fly zone. Luckily Im not paying Multichoice a cent for that.

I say these things respectfully mate, its not a racist thing, its a BCCI and ICC thing, and the fact that when we were the number 1 test team in the world, we got shunned by the so-called big 3 because they couldnt deal with the fact that they were getting beat by a truly multi-national and diverse cricket team in any and all conditions. so they feckers had to conspire to get us off the top of the tree. Graeme Smith and that side conquered them all and they couldnt stand us for it.

Thus, I HATE them with every fibre in my body.

I'm with you on this, they were pathetic in stuffing us around and insisting Sachin gets a final test send off (but kallis can stand in line).

but things are probably not going to change. We are out of the big 3, even within the big3 eng and aus get told what to do. the only option we've got is to sidle up with the rest and start our own thing. pakis would be up for that (their players aren't allowed to play IPL!).

have you seen this? I'd love to

2013, this is what was decided

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/178260

Subject to finalising relevant agreements with Members, the ICC major global events for the period 2016-2023 are:  

ICC World Twenty20 2016 – BCCI

ICC World Test Championship 2017 – ECB

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 – ECB

ICC World Twenty20 2020 – Cricket Australia

ICC World Test Championship 2021 – BCCI

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 – BCCI  

The ICC qualifying events for the period 2015-2023 are:  

ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier 2015 – Cricket Ireland/Cricket Scotland

ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2018 – BCB

ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier 2019 – Tender

ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2022 – Zimbabwe Cricket  

Other ICC events for the period 2016-2023 are:  

ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2016 – BCB

ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 – ECB

ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2018 – NZC

ICC Women’s World Twenty20 2018 – WICB

ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 – CSA

ICC Women’s World Cup 2021 – NZC

ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2022 – WICB

ICC Women’s World Twenty20 2022 – CSA  

I'm with you on this, they were pathetic in stuffing us around and insisting Sachin gets a final test send off (but kallis can stand in line).

but things are probably not going to change. We are out of the big 3, even within the big3 eng and aus get told what to do. the only option we've got is to sidle up with the rest and start our own thing. pakis would be up for that (their players aren't allowed to play IPL!).

have you seen this? I'd love to

https://youtu.be/w8nCBMuuPeg

That doccie looks like it could be bloody good!

yes, im not at all surprised at the content of this movie. and thus my attitude towards the Indian Parkie League, the Indian Cricket team, the BCCI etc etc.

and let me tell you, before you say the indian players are innocent bystanders, they are not. if you look at the attitude of Kohli and MS Dhoni, specifically a couple of years ago how they were/are behaving towards the match officials and also their extended unwillingness to allow DRS being used in any of their Bilateral series, i strongly urge you to reconsider.

what was that story with Biff's side being paraded during their test series there in 2010 or so? the Guptas were nogal involved as well if im not mistaken. i tell you, nothing surprises me anymore!

@Shebeen, I have forgotten about this movie, I recall seeing its trailer a few years back. I will have to torrent it tonight...

yes, im not at all surprised at the content of this movie. and thus my attitude towards the Indian Parkie League, the Indian Cricket team, the BCCI etc etc.

and let me tell you, before you say the indian players are innocent bystanders, they are not. if you look at the attitude of Kohli and MS Dhoni, specifically a couple of years ago how they were/are behaving towards the match officials and also their extended unwillingness to allow DRS being used in any of their Bilateral series, i strongly urge you to reconsider.

what was that story with Biff's side being paraded during their test series there in 2010 or so? the Guptas were nogal involved as well if im not mistaken. i tell you, nothing surprises me anymore!

Was it not our own Haroon Lorgat that sold us and the rest of the teams out to the "top 3"?

Gemmerbal, i get where you're coming from. it pisses me off, but i've moved on. I don't judge you harshly for keeping this valid grudge!

Was it not our own Haroon Lorgat that sold us and the rest of the teams out to the "top 3"?

i think the exact opposite. he stood up to them and got booted out.

before they toured here, they refused to come until it was guaranteed that he would not be involved.

(this is all going from memory)

m_131027st_1ca805768b7ef6330aff1ee7cb236

Haroon Lorgat CEO of Cricket SA (CSA)  is sacrificied by CSA to appease the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI). The two countries have agreed that the Indian team will play South Africa in two Test matches and three One-Day International meetings on a tour of the country instead of three Tests and seven one-day games between November and January. Lorgat has also been suspended in any involvment of the tour. Cricket South Africa and the BCCI have been at loggerheads over the proposed Indian tour since CSA released the tour schedule on July 8. The CSA’s appointment of Lorgat on July 20 has also been the cause of consternation in India because of the strained relations he had with the BCCI during his term as ICC chief executive from 2008 to 2012.

@stefmeister, yes you are indeed correct. He tried to stand up to the BCCI but as we saw was ostricised for his stance. Point proven then.

@shebeen, no worries buddy. I know we share the same intense passion. We can disagree in a positive manner. All good!

So many interesting things going on in the world of cricket. The disbanding of the franchise system; the poms in a reality check at Lord’s today a week before the Ashes; WPCA appointing Evan Flynt’s understudy as the curator of Newlands; WPCA debating whether or not to reinstate 2day cricket for the premier club league; CSA appointing a “nobody” to look after our u/19 talent etc etc.

Some good, some bad, some seriously dodgy decisions being made. Its exhausting haha.