Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no. Test cricket has become corrupted. Players have numbers and names on the backs of their shirts for the Ashes.

oh no. Test cricket has become corrupted. Players have numbers and names on the backs of their shirts for the Ashes.

And with the numbers comes a Test Championship. Because who needs innovation and context especially for the longest format.

Ps I am joking of course!

team 400grit back in the hut

what is the point,,,,,

team 400grit back in the hut

what is the point,,,,,

I think that with the numbers on the back it'll help casual fans recognise individual players easier and make it easier for them to know is batting and bowling. In general I'd say it's aimed at getting the casual fan who watches T20/ODI cricket into Test fans as well.

About bloody time

Remarkable big century by Steven Smith

And a highest for Siddle too

Getting the Aussies out of jail

His highest in an Ashes test but his fourth highest overall. His other scores in ascending order is a 49 against New Zealand and a pair of fifties (51 in the first dig and 50 in the second) against India in India. Handy with the bat is Siddle. He will have a big role to play with the ball today though.

Well done England. A fantastic day two.

Perfectly set up for them to try and get a 200 to 250 run lead. Enough batting to come to make that a possibility. And they will most likely need as big a lead as they can get as there is still a question mark over the fitness of Anderson and whether he'll be able to bowl in the Aussie second innings. Been a good test match so far.

Steve Smith doing his thing in the 2nd innings too and moving the game forward with steady run scoring

Aus 80 ahead with 7 wickets in hand

Tense beautiful Test cricket

Another century for Smith

What a batter

Day 5 will make the hosts sweat more than the Aussies

How to get that Steve Smith wicket earlier...

Otis steered us to our worst WC tournament, ever. Imo there must be better options.

It sounds like all or most of the assistant coaches are out, too.

I dont know if the new structure they are implementing is the right way to go.

I agree, I also dont see why OLD WOOD like Corrie van Zyl is left in charge of the process. It should be simple really, get Biff involved, that guy is our most successful captain and he has a magnificent cricket brain. Get the ex players involved dammit. Why on earth we have Gary Kirsten running around all over the globe and not coacing our team or even being the Director of SA cricket, is beyond me. God help us if Aswell gets the job, which he probably will... that guy has some seriously suppressed racial issues imo.

Another slap in CSA's face: ABD scoring bucketloads of runs in England at the moment...

Otis steered us to our worst WC tournament, ever. Imo there must be better options.
It sounds like all or most of the assistant coaches are out, too.

I dont know if the new structure they are implementing is the right way to go.