Cricket......

E1A104

once it has been seen it cannot be unseen...

HUGE respect for Aleem as un umpire, and big ups to the General for his movies!

back to bussiness: we are looking a bit shaky at tea, 179/6. getting ourselves in and then getting ourselves out, although that Bavuma runout was a classy piece of fielding.

not sure about our bowling attack, more specifically about Ngidi - I have a suspicion he will be ineffective. that means we will be toiling with 4 bowlers and the odd spell from Elgar.

this series will possibly be closer than we'd like. but hey, that's what touring is all about, its not supposed to be easy.

Great to see cricket being played in Pakistan again: the breeding ground of the 2 W's and possibly the most lethal opening bowling attack ever produced in world cricket!

post-36629-0-84810100-1611654973_thumb.jpeg

post-36629-0-53473100-1611654991_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At 220 all-out, I think we might well be disappointed with that effort. Should really have done better to spend time at the crease.

At least we have 2 of their wickets down already.

Rabada sitting on 199 wickets...

sjoe, didn't even know it had started!!! they just got there!

probably late on this one, but i DON'T think QdK should be Test captain, just too much on his plate.

Elgar everyday of the week.

Edited by Shebeen

Pakistan at 26/3 after 16 Overs...

Old line holds true: Only judge the pitch after both teams have had a chance to bat.

220 might yet be a good score here.

sjoe, didn't even know it had started!!! they just got there!

probably late on this one, but i DON'T think QdK should be Test captain, just too much on his plate.

Elgar everyday of the week.

yes

"5.32pm Stumps. Pakistan were the happier side after 70 overs, but after 90, I suspect it's South Africa who have finished the day on top, especially with Babar back in the shed. The first innings saw South Africa's batsmen getting set and then getting out, with Nouman (two-for) and Yasir (three-for) sharing five wickets. Don't forget the two run-outs either as South Africa folded for 220. In fact, it could've been under 200 had Pakistan not dropped a few catches after tea.

After that came Rabada's searing spell, who dismissed openers Butt and Abid. Then the big wicket of Babar by Maharaj, less than three overs before the day's end. Then the nightwatchman's stumps shattered by Nortje, and that means Pakistan are 33 for 4 - 187 runs behind with only six wickets in hand"

I doubt we will see the continuation of Moore's Law tomorrow:

Adam hamdule: "The wickets keep getting doubled from last session..2-4-8"

Nice to have a test in Pakistan again after so long, the UAE tours was just not the same ????

SA could have made better use of batting first, but not a bad position to be in. I think the match will only last 3 or 4 days on that pitch.

14 wickets on day 1, doubt we will see day4.

I actually missed day1 completely but already planning to get some live action in the morning.

Havent see a fit KG in a while.

I hope Fawad doesn't become a batting coach one day. I thought Chanderpaul looked ugly batting. Fawad takes it to the next level.

I assume somewhere in the MCC coaching manual it says to point your leading leg towards the umpire before receiving the delivery. I'm sure they didn't mean have your leading leg pointing towards the square leg umpire.

I hope Fawad doesn't become a batting coach one day. I thought Chanderpaul looked ugly batting. Fawad takes it to the next level.

I assume somewhere in the MCC coaching manual it says to point your leading leg towards the umpire before receiving the delivery. I'm sure they didn't mean have your leading leg pointing towards the square leg umpire.

He does look like he messes with the bowlers' lines though. Only KG looking dangerous against him.

Aleem Dar has officiated on-field in more Test matches (132) and international games across formats (391) than any other umpire in history. But on January 26, he will finally get to umpire in his first-ever home Test, between Pakistan and South Africa in Karachi, alongside his compatriot Ahsan Raza.

From 33/4 at the start to 308/8 at close of day two, quite ahead of the 220 from the SA 1st innings...

Not a good day for the Proteas :(

From 33/4 at the start to 308/8 at close of day two, quite ahead of the 220 from the SA 1st innings...

Not a good day for the Proteas :(

Saw the last 4/5 overs.

we could have taken 10 wickets in that time!

okes looked tired, behind, but defintiely not out

Ja, I also dont understand the logic in taking the new ball and then give it to Kesh, and a couple of overs later Markram has a dabble. WTF??? KG was operating at the other end; if I was Anna I would have beaten my skipper with a wicket, this is super ridiculous. Anna Nortje is by far our quickest bowler, you take the new IMMEDIATELY after the 80 overs and toss it to your speed merchant, unless the okes are hooping it reverse, you take the new nut finish en klaar. Thanks Kesh/George, have a break.

It looks like this game will see day 5 afterall - tempting fate here, we still need 2 wickets and then we have to bat on a day 3 pitch in Karachi... haha

Saw the last 4/5 overs.

we could have taken 10 wickets in that time!

okes looked tired, behind, but defintiely not out

If Markram and Elgar can stand for 150+ we still have a chance. If they don't we are pretty much screwed.

I just can't believe how difficult SA bowlers find it to take the last 5 wickets in all formats.