Cricket......

E1A104

why on earth did we need sixes? :huh:

the last 5/6 overs we only needd the singles, they just needed bat on ball! not the leave everything and concede maidens.

this is not a series, its 2 test matches (well thats not a series in my books anyway)

So if we win in Durban then we don't win the "series' in your opinion?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why on earth did we need sixes? :huh:

Because everyone was on the boundary. It was impossible to hit 4's.

Singles wouldn't have worked as how do you score a single off the 3 bouncers per over?

You don't understand test cricket do you? Stick to the IPL.

The Indian team will be lekka moeg from fielding in the 4th innings, especially the bowlers.

Hopefully, they can be put into field first on day 1, 2nd Test

So if we win in Durban then we don't win the "series' in your opinion?

nope, hw can us nuwelanders not get a test match! :cursing:

def not a proper home series

The Indian team will be lekka moeg from fielding in the 4th innings, especially the bowlers.

Hopefully, they can be put into field first on day 1, 2nd Test

Now you are talking. I also have an idea that Dale and Vern said to one another "lets play safe and then take responsibility in Durban"

Do not be surprised if both Vern and Steyn bowls really well as they blame themselves for the draw.

nope, hw can us nuwelanders not get a test match! :cursing:

def not a proper home series

I agree that is ridiculous. BCCI are bullies.

Now you are talking. I also have an idea that Dale and Vern said to one another "lets play safe and then take responsibility in Durban"

Do not be surprised if both Vern and Steyn bowls really well as they blame themselves for the draw.

The Steyn Remover rarely has two average games in a row.

Look for those big eyes!

Because everyone was on the boundary. It was impossible to hit 4's.

Singles wouldn't have worked as how do you score a single off the 3 bouncers per over?

You don't understand test cricket do you? Stick to the IPL.

exactly, no catches in position so get bat on ball! before faf got out he was leaving everything outside the off stump!

how do u concede 2/3 maidens outv the last 10 overs, thats pretty average when u on the brink of making history!

i dont blame anyone in particular, i question the mindset and lack of killer instinct from the worlds no.1 team.

The Vern now leads Steyn by 22 ratings points and the 28-year-old from Bellville will now start the Durban Test as the No 1-ranked bowler in the world for the first time in his career.

YAY!!!

i dont blame anyone in particular, i question the mindset and lack of killer instinct from the worlds no.1 team.

And if they lost, you would have screamed "CHOKERS!" as hard as you could, am I right?

The cricket (and rugby for that matter) are the most demanding crowd to please ever.

The Proteas had no right to even draw that match. They where outplayed for 4 days by India and somehow managed to get out of jail on day 5. A draw is a fair result.

Guess what, its a series so they can still win it this coming weekend.

Yet people are still pissing and moaning because two bowlers took the safe option whilst India where bowling bouncers with the field back.

I guess this is the problem with South Africa. You will always choose to find something negative instead of actually saying well played.... Its a bloody sports match, not a matter of life and death. Its called entertainment and it is unpredictable. Some you win, some you don't. if you don't like it move on.....

Fans worldwide are ruthless. Unfortunately they took the entertainment out of the match. These are highly paid professionals whose salaries are paid by the likes of you and me. The players retire and many become pundits who have a platform and are even more ruthless than the average fan.

But yes, it's still just sport.

It is a series. All to play for now in Durbs. Tahir and Morkel could not bat due to inability and injury.

They would have had to hit sixes with 9 indian fielders on the boundaries. Not something you would back a 8 and number 9 to do. Indian bowled bouncers. How do you hit a bouncer for six?

If they tried they most likely would have gone out.......

It is very obvious that most people do not understand the difference between Tests and 20/20.....

Had they tried and lost the match I would love to have heard what Y'all have had to say............

Agree 100%, hence the difference between a TEST and a bookie ridden bubblegumslog IPL sh1tfest. I think Robin Jackman summed it up best by saying India didn't deserve to lose and SA didn't deserve to win so a fair result all round.....! Then again he played Test cricket so perhaps knows something...... Edited by Delgado

I think they would have gone for the win if it was a 5 test series. These stupid 2 test series means that if you lose the first one, the best you can hope for is to draw the series. If the second game does not go thedistance due to rain, you lose a series on home turf to the Indians - the critics wont like that, I guess.