Cricket......

E1A104

The Dolphins have 3 games in hand (potentially 12 points if you ignore the bonus points) it takes them to 31 points.

The Cobras have 2 games in hand. If they win both, they'll be on 33 points. If the Cobras lose both and the Dolphins win 2 of their 3 games they'll finish top of the log.

If the Cobras win 1 and lose 1 they'll be on 29 points, still not enough to secure a home final.

David Miller is hitting form at the right time, so its not impossible.

you're right, I'd expect the dolphins to win the last two as well. If the cobra's drop either game then the door is open.

The Dolphin's 7 run victory over cobra's last week could actually have decided the race.

Miller has indeed been really solid, Titans looking a bit better with Ajmal now in the team.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please explain to me what is going in cricket at the moment that everyone is up in arms about

can someone please explain to me what is going in cricket at the moment that everyone is up in arms about

The Lorgat vs the ICC thing?

cricket used to be run by old farts at the MCC in london.

They were in cahoots with the Aussies, everyone else had to FIFO

even the Windies who dominated everyone for years.

Then in 1993, they started the ICC and the rest of us got a share in the pie.

Amongst others, India has emerged as the main powerhouse in world cricket. from a commercial perspective.

The ICC had to concede to their demands with the IPL, or face a revolution with india leading their parrallel vibe.

The head office moved from the MCC(lords) to neutral dubai.

India have got too big for their boots, the figures quoted are them bringing in 80% of the revenue in terms of tv rights.

The aussies and the poms have realised that if they don't sign up with india, they have to take them on.

The real problem is that the big three want control of everything. They also want all the events and special rights(indemnity from being relegated from a top tier if they play ***).

Things definitely need a big shakeup, but these guys are just being bullies and not making decisions in the interest of cricket. I think we can all agree that the minimum 2 test series with all the indian demands was no justification for the no.1 and 2 teams.

pretty nice that SA are the ones with a backbone who are standing up here. pakis, sri lankans and bangladeshis are publicly backing us too (seems the bankrupt zimbos are pro-india).

Really can't trust these indians can we?

Started way back in 92 with the friendship tour, kapil dev didn't like the way we backed up.

Hansie got into trouble with indian bookmakers

Gerald Majola got fired for taking kickbacks from the SA hosted IPL.

If they can't use their own coaches for the national team(kirsten took them to the top and duncan fletcher took over from him), then we shouldn't expect them to be able to run it at the top.

Essentially India, England and Australia are trying to secure more revenue from ICC events as they claim that they are the ones attracting the big media coverage revenue to the ICC. They also want immunity from being relegated with the proposed tiered system on the table and want more voting power. Currently revenue is shared between member nations and voting is done on a one on one basis. Essentially the big three (India in particular) is threatening to halt all tours until their demands are met.

cricket used to be run by old farts at the MCC in london.

They were in cahoots with the Aussies, everyone else had to FIFO

even the Windies who dominated everyone for years.

Then in 1993, they started the ICC and the rest of us got a share in the pie.

Amongst others, India has emerged as the main powerhouse in world cricket. from a commercial perspective.

The ICC had to concede to their demands with the IPL, or face a revolution with india leading their parrallel vibe.

The head office moved from the MCC(lords) to neutral dubai.

India have got too big for their boots, the figures quoted are them bringing in 80% of the revenue in terms of tv rights.

The aussies and the poms have realised that if they don't sign up with india, they have to take them on.

The real problem is that the big three want control of everything. They also want all the events and special rights(indemnity from being relegated from a top tier if they play ***).

Things definitely need a big shakeup, but these guys are just being bullies and not making decisions in the interest of cricket. I think we can all agree that the minimum 2 test series with all the indian demands was no justification for the no.1 and 2 teams.

pretty nice that SA are the ones with a backbone who are standing up here. pakis, sri lankans and bangladeshis are publicly backing us too (seems the bankrupt zimbos are pro-india).

thanks - though it was that, but suddenly my twitter feed is all abuzz with statments and comments that i though something else happened.........once again politics is meddling with sport

the SA hosted IPL.

Every year I pray for more suicide bombers so that the IPL will come back here.

What grates my arse is that the is that the CLT20 is played in India only and not taken to Aus, West Indies, England, SA or elsewhere in the sub continent. It is structured to favor the Indian sides with no one shouting hard enough to have this changed.

What is apparent in T20 is that many players are hedging their bets as well. A player like Sunil Narine would play for a West Indies, SA and Indian franchise with reasonable assurance that at least 1 of the 3 would make it to the CLT20.

Is there another sport where you could essentially hedge your bet like this?

What grates my arse is that the is that the CLT20 is played in India only and not taken to Aus, West Indies, England, SA or elsewhere in the sub continent. It is structured to favor the Indian sides with no one shouting hard enough to have this changed.

What is apparent in T20 is that many players are hedging their bets as well. A player like Sunil Narine would play for a West Indies, SA and Indian franchise with reasonable assurance that at least 1 of the 3 would make it to the CLT20.

Is there another sport where you could essentially hedge your bet like this?

Funnily enough, we've had it in SA twice.

The IPL by design is only going to further Indian cricket in the long run with their quota system for local players.

Well well, behind all the horse trading in dubai the Indian team are in new zealand. Yup that tour that was so important to them that they couldn’t find the time for a 3rd test in SA. They are going to lose it 4-0. The downside is that this probably means that the BCCI is probably going to try and schedule even less overseas tours for their team.

so it's the final weekend of RAM slam league ACTION. Titans got a bit of a pasting from the dolphins the other night, who were one hit away from a bonus point victory.

The cobras and the dolphins both have two games remaining, they would each expect to win both. If the cobras drop one of them, then the door is open for the dolphins to leapfrog into pole.

The third slot is between the warriors and the titans, both with a single game remaining. A win for the warriors over the cobras on sunday shuts the door on the titans (and opens it for the dolphins to take #1).

Interestingly there has been just one bonus point victory from twenty five games, I reckon the points allocation would be better like this.

Win 4

Narrow win 3

Tie 2

draw 2

narrow loss 1

Q. What do you get if you cross the English cricket team with an OXO cube?

A. A laughing stock.

Q What's the height of optimism?

A: English batsman putting on sunscreen.

Q. What's the difference between an English batsman and Formula 1 car?

A. Nothing! If you blink you'll miss them both.

Q. What do English batsmen and drug addicts have in common?

A. Both spend most of their time wondering where their next score will come from.

Q. What does an English batsman playing in The Ashes have in common with Michael Jackson?

A. They both wore gloves for no apparent reason.

Q. What is the difference between Cinderella and the Pommies?

A. Cinderella knew when to leave the ball.

Q. What's the difference between the Pommies and a funeral director?

A. A funeral director isn't going to lose the ashes

The poms must be so happy to be on that plane...i see kirsy has already said he's not considering the job.

Back to the Ram Slam...things went according to plan, except the lions won their first game in what essentially turned out later to be a dead rubber against the dolphins (once the cobras beat the warriors with a late burst).

Titans vs Dolphins for the right to play cobras next sunday, but more importantly the CLT20 slot.

Dolphins have won both games this year, but anything can happen on the day and both teams have got some serious strikepower in the batting. Saeed Ajmal has taken a lot of wickets since arriving, but I reckon dolphins would have to be favourites.

onto the final, and I'm not sure which national players are eligible. Cobras would love to have amla back(ave 45 @ 143 SR), but I think steyn, kallis and smith are all not in the cobras mix. interestingly they have been carrying a player the entire tournament, Mgijima has played all 10 league games, bowling just 12 overs(and batting at #10). Serious window dressing there, they should play an extra high strike rate batter (don't really need the bowlers but kleinveldt is also carrying drinks).

all in all, it's been great having all the big guns playing some guys have really put their hands up and a lot of the current T20 players have shown why they're there too.

The poms must be so happy to be on that plane...i see kirsy has already said he's not considering the job.

Back to the Ram Slam...things went according to plan, except the lions won their first game in what essentially turned out later to be a dead rubber against the dolphins (once the cobras beat the warriors with a late burst).

Titans vs Dolphins for the right to play cobras next sunday, but more importantly the CLT20 slot.

Dolphins have won both games this year, but anything can happen on the day and both teams have got some serious strikepower in the batting. Saeed Ajmal has taken a lot of wickets since arriving, but I reckon dolphins would have to be favourites.

onto the final, and I'm not sure which national players are eligible. Cobras would love to have amla back(ave 45 @ 143 SR), but I think steyn, kallis and smith are all not in the cobras mix. interestingly they have been carrying a player the entire tournament, Mgijima has played all 10 league games, bowling just 12 overs(and batting at #10). Serious window dressing there, they should play an extra high strike rate batter (don't really need the bowlers but kleinveldt is also carrying drinks).

all in all, it's been great having all the big guns playing some guys have really put their hands up and a lot of the current T20 players have shown why they're there too.

I wonder if Andy Flower got deported back to Zim or whether they'll let him stay on. Its a bit of a pity that the test players are not available for the T20 finals. If they condensed the schedule a bit more and had the final the weekend past it would have been possible, but CSA didn't seem to think it through when they did the schedule. It would also add a bit if we can attract a few more international pros for the ram slam. Possibly get some revenue by selling the series on overseas. Channels as well.