Cricket......

E1A104

Too much ODI / T20 diet for you, Lexx

This is Test cricket at its brilliant best.

Dull on the eye, brilliant on the mind

No Not really. I like Test Cricket, but to keep on blocking the whole day is not test cricket. 21 Runs in 20 Overs, thats ridiculous.

Why cant the Proteas have a Positive Mindset and play some shots and get some runs.

Thats why more and More People would rather watch 20/20 or ODI Cricket.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because if we lose this game everyone will give them a hard time. If we bat slowly and draw then everyone forgets the game quickly

Wonder if clarke is going to get roasted for being too 'conservative'?? By batting us out the game he's possibly lost the chance of winning. Especially since he's the one doing the criticising on captaincy.

No Not really. I like Test Cricket, but to keep on blocking the whole day is not test cricket. 21 Runs in 20 Overs, thats ridiculous.

Why cant the Proteas have a Positive Mindset and play some shots and get some runs.

more people eat at KFC than a michelen 3 star, doesn't mean the food is better.

this is why it is a good thing to bat out 4 sessions, http://www.espncricinfo.com/wisdenalmanack/content/story/672481.html

Its this type of game that gets TRUE cricket supporters excited.

Its T20 that is ruining the image of test and people wanting to see 4+ runs an over.

up until a few years ago, 3.5 an over for an innings was considered Good going.

We are under the stick at the moment and if we manage to draw and only score 20 more runs then that is fantastic.

Whats the issue with Umpires and the Ball being bounced to the Keeper?

Because it roughs up the ball,

assists with reverse swing and spin.

It is allowed but unethical if done consistently.

And that's lunch.

2 sessions to go and 1 new ball.

If we last the new ball with no wickets going down we stand a fare chance of the draw.

If anyone could do it, it is these two.

Oraait. You want action.

This game situation requires more subtlety.

And that's lunch.

2 sessions to go and 1 new ball.

If we last the new ball with no wickets going down we stand a fare chance of the draw.

If anyone could do it, it is these two.

Only the loss of the night watchman

Brilliant

New ball

Johnson

Patt'

Gonna be intense

I'm hoping Abbott secured his spot after a steady performance with the ball and a brilliant batting performance in the 2nd innings

adelaide 2012 actually,

there was a mammoth innings in perth too...it involved JP Duminy and someone? off to google it

post-3951-0-84137100-1394018343_thumb.jpg

In other news, who do you think of this 1992 World Cup squad is being charged with rape, which apparently happened this past weekend in the Eastern Cape?

Edited by milky4130

there was a mammoth innings in perth too...it involved JP Duminy and someone? off to google it

Steyn

Chasing 400 plus

ok it was melbourne 2008 - put on 180 runs with dale steyn

Duminy made his Test debut against Australia at the WACA in Perth on 17 December 2008, scoring 50 not out in the second innings by hitting the winning runs in the match after putting on an unbroken century partnership with AB de Villiers. His performance was lauded by numerous critics, including Peter Roebuck.[1] In the next Test match, beginning on Boxing Day, Duminy combined with the tailenders to score his maiden Test century of 166. South Africa were more than 200 runs in arrears when they lost their seventh wicket in the first innings. In the process, he and Dale Steyn (76) put on 180 and surpassed Graeme and Peter Pollock's South African ninth wicket partnership record against Australia. South Africa ended with a 62-run lead and converted it into a nine-wicket win. This sealed the series, the first time that South Africa had won a Test series in Australia, and Australia's first home Test series loss in 16 years.