Cricket......

E1A104

whats the big storm in a teacup with the protea logo? so they want them to take the SA Flag of from above the protea? whats wrong with that...its not like they are wanting to replace the protea?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying these names are replacements for Kallis as there never will be, but they should be in the squad, Colin Ingram 29 & Dean Elgar 27 they have the experience of being part of the squad before, Van Zyl could be given his debut, not sure of other youngsters as I havent been following domestically since i stopped playing myself & cycling more these days, but for the Sri Lankan series Faf should've played in place of Kallis, not sure if there were injury concerns that he got left out?

Faf only averages 27 in ODI's. Ingram and Elgar never really impressed me to the degree that Miller and De Kock does. Some medium pace from Kallis is much more valuable than Elgar's pork pies when there is an injury to a front line bowler during a game or if someone goes for runs. The selectors went with Kallis as he expressed a real desire to go to 2015WC. I'd still bet on Kallis coming good in the WC.

My test team for the first test:

1 Pietersen

2 De Kock (w)

3 Amla ©

4 De Villiers

5 Du Plessis

6 Duminy

7 Philander

8 Steyn

9 Piedt / Abbott

10 Morkel

11 Tahir

1 Pietersen

2 De Kock (w)

3 Amla ©

4 De Villiers

5 Du Plessis

6 Duminy

7 Philander

8 Steyn

9 Piedt / Abbott

10 Morkel

11 Tahir

Good team,

although i would look at another spinner if the pitch is conducive to it and would play De Kock down the order.

He has a lot on his shoulders as keeper already and he needs to gain some more experience.

Amla or Faf (can really graft for his runs) to open.

1 Pietersen

2 De Kock (w)

3 Amla ©

4 De Villiers

5 Du Plessis

6 Duminy

7 Philander

8 Steyn

9 Piedt / Abbott

10 Morkel

11 Tahir

no way jose. you're a batsmen short, maybe two if you're going to play with three genuine #11s

no way jose. you're a batsmen short, maybe two if you're going to play with three genuine #11s

I would play the extra bowler at the current state of our team,

Dale has been injury prone of late, Philander has picked up niggles here and there and Morkel can always hurt himself with his frame.

In test bowlers win the game and if you are a bowler short you are always going to struggle.

stand under correction, but i don't think the formula takes the location of the game into account...only the opposition current score.

I thought the team had a weighting relative to their ranking ie beat Aus will get more points than beating Zim but I was also under the impression you scored higher for away games surely as it is so much harder to win away series. I also don't like how our inactivity is costing us

Abbot can bat a bit .. more useful than an 11

lets hope 3 pace bowlers is going to be enough apparently the pitch surprisingly has some grass on it.

Again the value of a certain Jacques Henry Kallis is underscored. It seems like the policy was to go for "safety first" to play the extra batsman.

Our openers are busy proving me wrong. Both Elgar and Petersen got starts. At least 1 of them must now convert this into a big score.

The pitch looks quite dead, from the bit I saw this morning. It looks like a strong team, but Im disapointed they did not pick two spinners. Philander has not done well on flat tracks, like one of the tests were played on in Aus. I hope Steyn and Morkel can find bowling form, they were below par in the ODIs. 3 pacers is a gamble on this pitch.