Cricket......

E1A104

Wooo Hooo Thats 10 for Radaba  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

wow - lucky he did not languish over his no ball for too long

Rabada to Bairstow, OUT, not for long, though - he edges his very next ball to de Kock! Rabada's so good he correct his mistake straight away, this was shorter, Bairstow hung back and prodded at it, thin edge through to the keeper... and that is his maiden Test ten-for, the youngest South African to do so, a magnificent showing

JM Bairstow c †de Kock b Rabada 14 (20m 13b 2x4 0x6) SR: 107.69

Rabada to Bairstow, 1 no ball, full length, throws the bat, and de Villiers grabs the edge above his head! Rabada has his ten-for! Oh dear, hold on, naughty Kagiso... Scratch that, Rabada has overstepped, by the smallest of margins, and Bairstow is reprieved

Edited by Stretch

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

make that 11....can he get 2 x 5 fors in one match.....

and so it is...12 wickets...and 2 x 5 fors

am I talking to myself here?

Edited by Stretch

Well done Proteas and Rabada in particular. I was wondering who our next match winning bowler was going to be.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/965433.html

What is everyone's take on this? It seems to me that transformation (or the lack thereof) may be at the root of this. In the last week, the Lions lost 2 transformation players in Bodi and likely Tsolikile, now Alviro wants to miss some game time too. Robin Petersen and Rory Kleinveld (along with Levi) seems to have been released by the Cobras, CSA is refusing to let them go.

I wonder how you remain motivated at your current franchise if you could have been earning good money overseas.

um, ja. it's confusing really - I know they want to spread the game to new markets but the balance needs to be found where decent players jet off to go earn some quick money at some circus - it cheapens the local game. Who really wants to see Heath Streak, Jonty Rhodes et al screw up their legacies for a few dollars? here's walsh, akram, pollock, mcgrath getting their medium pacers klapped for six by a bunch of okes with boeps.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/cricket-all-stars-series-2015-16/content/video_audio/939957.html

I once got excited going to see Sunil Gavaskar bat. Thing was I was about 12, he was in his 50s and playing a rather social game for the Indian media against the SA media...he lasted about 3 balls...oh well

Edited by my stuff

I think we can all agree that our local domestic circuit needs a wakeup call..so I would agree with any decision that aims at improving that. all that said - If I had a say I would plough heaps of money into the varsity league...this is where a large portion of players loose focus on the game...and while there is much transformation at school level, it does not seem to follow through into domestic...so I can only guess that is where it is getting lost

I don't think forcing players to stay in a domestic league is the right way to go about it. Rather make it attractive for them to stay on, and for some internationals to come play as well. The problem lies therein that with our transformation charter, we have no space in teams for internationals, never mind if the money to get them here magically appears from thin air. It seems like none of the players wanting to go play in the MCL are knocking on the door to play for the Proteas, so why not give them the opportunity to cash in a bit? Its not like WP Cricket or Gauteng Cricket are going to give any of them a benefit year (like in the old days).

I think we can all agree that our local domestic circuit needs a wakeup call..so I would agree with any decision that aims at improving that. all that said - If I had a say I would plough heaps of money into the varsity league...this is where a large portion of players loose focus on the game...and while there is much transformation at school level, it does not seem to follow through into domestic...so I can only guess that is where it is getting lost

This is our 1 Big Problem... The Proteas almost never play domestic cricket which leaves the provincial players without the required experience. The problem is the exchange rate and the mediocre salaries our players get. If you get an offer for 4 x your salary for 6 weeks work wont you do it?