Cricket......

E1A104

We have jumped from 6th on the ICC T20 rankings to 2nd. India still has daylight at the top of the rankings, but a series win over Aus will cement us at 2nd for the T20 WC.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lions are cruising to an away win in the momentum one day cup final.

I don't follow the local game close enough, but cobras seem to be fielding what is a textbook 'quota' player for some time now. Aviwe Mgijima, I don't want to be mean, but his record is not great. He batted 6 today but often bats low down the order (like 9/10) and only occasionally bowls. Bizarre really to have a passenger like that in the team for an extended period, and he's been a first class player for 9 years now. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/314991.html

Im feeling old.. i can name most of these toppies..

Hudson, Rhodes, ??, Pringle, Bosch, Think its Rushmere

Big Mac, Snell, AD, Hansie, Omar Henry?, Kuiper, ??

Peter Kirsten, Kepler and Dave Richardson is missing in this pic.

Don't know the Indian Chaps

Edited by PietSw

I must say the Proteas PR has really improved.. They are doing way more than in the past.. constantly releasing "Tour Diary" videos etc. As far as the video goes... The White okes look rediculous, the coloured and black boys look like they belong (there is nothing racist about what i just said okay)

Lions are cruising to an away win in the momentum one day cup final.

I don't follow the local game close enough, but cobras seem to be fielding what is a textbook 'quota' player for some time now. Aviwe Mgijima, I don't want to be mean, but his record is not great. He batted 6 today but often bats low down the order (like 9/10) and only occasionally bowls. Bizarre really to have a passenger like that in the team for an extended period, and he's been a first class player for 9 years now. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/314991.html

Lions Destroyed the "CSA Favourites" Cobras. Really good win. Both My Rugby and Cricket Lions teams are on their way up... Its about time, I have suffered years of abuse.

Mgijima is actually a little bit more of a bowling all-rounder who can bat a little. His First Class (test type) batting average(25) is actually not too horrible but his List A(one day) batting average(11) and strike rate(62) is way sub par for someone sent in to bat 6 in a final.

So yes a bit of a passenger. It's really sad because although CSA maintains that there are no official quotas (but it recommended that X amount is included) we often see guys like him playing when there are alot of tallent flying over to England, Europe and even these days Oz

Lions Destroyed the "CSA Favourites" Cobras. Really good win. Both My Rugby and Cricket Lions teams are on their way up... Its about time, I have suffered years of abuse.

Mgijima is actually a little bit more of a bowling all-rounder who can bat a little. His First Class (test type) batting average(25) is actually not too horrible but his List A(one day) batting average(11) and strike rate(62) is way sub par for someone sent in to bat 6 in a final.

So yes a bit of a passenger. It's really sad because although CSA maintains that there are no official quotas (but it recommended that X amount is included) we often see guys like him playing when there are alot of tallent flying over to England, Europe and even these days Oz

Definitely feel for the oke if he's getting moved around the order and teams. Just remember a lot of those first class games might not be Sunfoil series but the 3 day provincial competition (like here where last week he batted #3 and only bowled 7 overs for 48 runs - http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/874885.html).

Case in point, yesterday the cobras were on the ropes with nothing working and he still never even bowled.

Phangiso making headlines again. A part of me wants him to fail the second test as well. The team can do without the distraction of having to babysit him when they go to the T20 WC.

Phangiso making headlines again. A part of me wants him to fail the second test as well. The team can do without the distraction of having to babysit him when they go to the T20 WC.

I agree, he is making headlines for all the wrong reasons