Cricket......

E1A104

So 236/8 at stumps. Fifty three for Hash and Forty six for Bavuma the major scores with KG and Steyn remover the batsmen first up tomorrow. Hoping for a score around 260ish. Won't know if it's par until the Kiwis bat.

Edit: correcting the score.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Edited by Mntboy

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots and lots of rain! SA all out for 263 with the Kiwis on 15/2. Steyn taking both wickets in a hostile spell from both him and Vern! I don't foresee any further play. Enjoy the rugger and the Ladies XCO!

Latest from Kingsmead ...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/12/article-2752997-2143BF9C00000578-549_964x637.jpg

Hehehe ????????????

In other news, Pakistan the No.1 Test cricket team

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/1049137.html

Proteas in 7th [emoji14]h34r:

TESTS

Pakistan now nr 1 in the world

Cricinfo

Very well deserved.

Been super consistent for a while and when they blow hot as a unit they're pretty damned hard to beat. Yasir, Younis and Captain Fantastic Misbah really are the heartbeat of a talented group. Hope they keep it up!

So SA is playing some decent cricket for a change! Lekker to have Vern and Steyn firing again, plus Rabada bowling at 150kph. Imagine if Morkel was there too...

Seems like a very good SA team this. Piedt is probably the only guy who has to prove himself still. And I'm not a fan of Duminy, but he did play a decent first innings.

So SA is playing some decent cricket for a change! Lekker to have Vern and Steyn firing again, plus Rabada bowling at 150kph. Imagine if Morkel was there too...

Seems like a very good SA team this. Piedt is probably the only guy who has to prove himself still. And I'm not a fan of Duminy, but he did play a decent first innings.

dunno if Duminy is going to last much longer in the Test team unless he turns in some proper batting returns.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/1050189.html

in general, now that kallis and biff are gone, # and AB have been carrying the batting lineup on their own recently - 

dunno if Duminy is going to last much longer in the Test team unless he turns in some proper batting returns.

in general, now that kallis and biff are gone, # and AB have been carrying the batting lineup on their own recently -

The guy scored a very good 88 in the first innings. At this point I'd look to drop van Zyl for AB. Perhaps even let AB keep, let Faf captain and let Quinny open.

I think his 88 has earned him a reprieve for now. And we know he is capable. A bit of consistency won't be remiss but that can be said of a few others as well. In general our batting has been letting us down. Nice to see them do better during this test.

I spoke to soon it seems, what a 2nd innings collapse! If Duminy was still bowling you could sort of justify his selection. But a 50 once every blue moon just isn't good enough. I wouldn't let AB keep, his back won't last, and Quinny is a very good keeper. Seems to be young and fit enough to keep and open the batting. 

I dont know why everybody is criticising the second innings batting performance. It was never going to be a huge score with a pitch like this. Stiaan's wicket was maybe the only one where it was a bad shot (was still a good ball though). NZ bowled good lines, and with the ball doing that much, you should have luck on your side as well. We will se how they will survive. There is a reason why the highest chase on this ground is 240 odd in much better conditions than we have now. NZ cant win this test anymore, we can only loose it

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Edited by Oxter