Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also cant see who these "transformation players" might be as this squad is made up of players that have delivered (deserve to be there) and promising players (also deserve to be in the mix).

Cant wait to see how this unfolds. Damned i never got myself a ticket to Newlands this weekend 

tickets still available!

There are transformation targets which are important to make professional sport relevant to the South African context.

Socio-politics and sport do go together if we talk about being an ambassador for one's country.

And, yeah, so cool that the Proteas squad are made up of a bunch of solid cricketers, black, brown and white. Well done CSA.

yes, i know that. but they are spread over the season. If AB is dropped because they need bavuma's skin colour in the team then i can't agree with that for the biggest game of the year.

Proteas and blitzboks are miles ahead of any other sporting team in transformation, just pick the best guys regardless of race. public wants winners too remember!

yes, i know that. but they are spread over the season. If AB is dropped because they need bavuma's skin colour in the team then i can't agree with that for the biggest game of the year.

Proteas and blitzboks are miles ahead of any other sporting team in transformation, just pick the best guys regardless of race. public wants winners too remember!

I understand your point of view.

Picking the best is an ideal. Understandably as it is about competition. Makes sense in a vacuum without socio-political.

Winning at all cost is not an option anymore. Winning in modern South Africa is about the higher ideals of nationhood and playing like champions.

And now... let's see who won the toss. :clap:

10.00am South Africa won the toss and chose to bat

South Africa's XI: Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers, Faf du Plessis, Quinton de Kock, Vernon Philander, Keshav Maharaj, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Kagiso Rabada

India's XI: Shikhar Dhawan, M Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha, Hardik Pandya, R Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah

Cricinfo

Steyn is fit.

They’ll ease him in gently though as he’s not match fit, never mind Test match fit.

May only be for the final Test.

He’s a national treasure after all, the Steyn Remover.

Steyn is in for 1st Test.

At least he can chill a bit more as SA is batting first.

Yes, more time in the middle is best preparation.  :w00t:

Go, Steyn Remover!!!!

Lekker man. I have been looking forward to this.

I missed slouching in front of the tv watching the cricket over Christmas/ new years.

True true

Elgar The Rock OUT

Lots of seam movement and some in the air

Batting skills clinic  :blink:

Quote from cricinfo comments.

"When the going gets tough, you want two batsmen who between them have scored almost 17,000 test runs at an average of 50."