Cricket......

E1A104

Let’s see how we go with only 4 bowlers in the 2nd inning ... next test bring back Bavuma or maybe Ngidi in for Steyn (or Morris)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after a mid test rest day yesterday, India have done the damage this morning. 

can the tail wag again to squeeze out at least 250 run lead

Well that didn't last long.

Still though I think 208 is a bit out of reach on this wicket.

Big Vern is going to be a handful imho.

steyn padded up to bat :eek:

From moon boot and crutches to coming in to face bowling on a green-ish mamba ????

Wow ????

Out for the series

Important contest with Aus coming up

Will they select him agsin ????

our tail got wrapped up like a Shawarma...

Now to look forward to drama-a-minute

Go Rabadaaa & Co ????

Been a while since I posted here!

I'm terribly nervous about this game.. I don't think we have enough runs on the board. 250-300 would've been better. Preferably 300 - 350. 

Good start by India so far. If luck is on their side they'll get the runs.

Is it just me or is Kohli extremely annoying with his celebrations after each SA wicket??

As I was saying about luck. Vijay been given out twice now, both times reversed by DRS. Every edge flies to the boundary...Already 29 runs after only 7 overs. At this rate India is going to easily get the runs

Good start by India. With such a low total to defend we need to put pressure on them by taking a couple of wickets. Once they start tumbling...

From moon boot and crutches to coming in to face bowling on a green-ish mamba

Wow

Out for the series

Important contest with Aus coming up

Will they select him agsin

It's a tough one. We all know Steyn is one of the best ever. And he's worked so hard to get back.. But now at 34 he's so injury prone, and has broken down in all of his last 3 tests if I'm not mistaken? So do you take a chance with him again, where if he breaks down again you're left with a strike bowler and a batsman short?

I wouldn't select him again, unless he has played some domestic cricket and has some overs under the belt

Ooooh!!!!! 30/2! Things can get interesting here! They have to get Kohli out cheaply, he's the key to winning or losing this match!

Let’s see how we go with only 4 bowlers in the 2nd inning ... next test bring back Bavuma or maybe Ngidi in for Steyn (or Morris)

I would go with Morris. He's a very good allrounder. We need that extra bowling option. I don't think Maharaj is going to have a lot of success against the Indians, they play spin really well and we don't have turning wickets. So we can't leave it up to Morkel (sometimes erratic) and Philander (injury prone) to take 20 wickets in a match. Oh yes Rabada is also there 

Stroke play is virtually impossible

Most of the Indian boundaries have been false strokes

That pitch is as lively as the Wanderers on Day 1 ????