• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man of the match?

should probably be kohli.

but Ngidi will get it i think, two runouts as well

Ngidi gets it 

And with that, what’s the team for the next game? Presumably a fast pitch so keep it unchanged?

Markram is apparently struggling with a niggle, so Cook may possibly come in for him. We can also play the extra batsman and give Morkel / Vern / Maharaj a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marais erasmus wins umpire award, again. but remains our only test level umpire

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/596794

1-Umpire-of-the-Year-2017.png

1-Umpire-of-the-Year-2017.png

C0QWzLBXEAEHG_4.png

Markram is apparently struggling with a niggle, so Cook may possibly come in for him. We can also play the extra batsman and give Morkel / Vern / Maharaj a rest.

I think they need to balance between keeping everyone sharp for Australia in March and wanting to win here 3-0. It's 4 test matches in a month, but we seem to have enough bowlers currently to rotate/cover injuries.

In both Cape town and Centurion we have not had the pitch/conditions our way yet still won. If there's some pace in wanderers we should really blow them away easily.

The batting really needs improvement. Currently we're playing a batsman light, and this won't work long term if QdK doesn't get runs.

Edited by freewheelin' Hub Dylan

With 5 bowlers none of them are being bowled into the ground especially if one get's injured so if we want to rest a bowler it would make sense to bring in Morris or Phehlukwayo to share the load. 

Also building for the future it would be nice to give Bavuma a game if Markram is injured since he is already in the squad.

With 5 bowlers none of them are being bowled into the ground especially if one get's injured so if we want to rest a bowler it would make sense to bring in Morris or Phehlukwayo to share the load.

Also building for the future it would be nice to give Bavuma a game if Markram is injured since he is already in the squad.

I recall Cook also being in the squad. It would not be fair for Bavuma to be expected to cover opening bat as cover for Elgar and Markram.

I recall Cook also being in the squad. It would not be fair for Bavuma to be expected to cover opening bat as cover for Elgar and Markram.

Cook is not in the squad, I think his career is done before it really got started. Time was always against him.

Only got 2 openers in the squad. Would they slot Temba or Theunis in, like they have with middle order batsmen before with not much success? Not sure who the next best opener in line is, the Sunfoil Series was played earlier in the season but a massive amount of games were rain affected so not much cricket was had.  (imagine if played their fielding coach?!)

good to see that Bavuma got some game time in 1Day Cup yesterday, even though the test was still on. he got 65. JPD is in fine form with the bat, topping the batting runs and averages. and he helped himself to a 37run over too

Leie to Duminy, SIX, finishes it in fine style, once more into the oaks for a bonus point win, 37 off the over
5nb
Leie to Duminy, (no ball) FOUR, drives thru extra cover to bring the required runs down to 1
Leie to Duminy, 2 runs,
Leie to Duminy, SIX, once again sails onto the grass banks under the oaks
Leie to Duminy, SIX, slog sweep into the oaks once more and brings up his 50 off 33 balls
Leie to Duminy, SIX, straight drive over the umpire and onto the sitescreen
Leie to Duminy, SIX, slog sweep into the oaks once more, Duminy keen to finish this quickly