Cricket......

E1A104

I must say I am disappointed that the proteas haven't been able to kick on.

if we jump in a delorean to 2015.

Toetie is about to oversee a disastrous bok period, with record losses to nz and argentina, wales/scotland. not all is fault, but Rassie took basically the same team to the top in a very short time.

bafana bafana..well ja, nothing really to get excited about here (and I've tried to look, and making the 1/4 finals of AFCON 2019 is considered the finest result of the decade. they are that incredibly crap).

blitzbokke - world class, a shining example to how things can go if the suits and politicians just f#$% off and they concentrate on the game.

proteas - on the verge of really coming good. some greats approaching the end but the pipeline looked good and (save the blitzbokke), by far the most transformed national side with world class players there on merit.

I feel we only look at the results of the top team, and the proteas were on a shaky base with the gap from provincial to national just widening. the big3 have really messed us around for a decade, but CSA shenanigans have really but the team into turbo reverse. in the middle of this is sandpapergate 2018, where we got a chance to welakapela the aussies, thank the pope we didn't stick the knife in.

this is from exactly 5 years ago - there's something dead inside you if this doesn't give you goosebumps.

back in my Delorean, to the end of 2020, and it's just disappointing how far backwards we have come.

Just so that we are on the same page: It is the flying Delorean that we'll be taking, right?

Oh how the mighty have fallen!!! Here's to hoping for a Phoenix like resurrection!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredulous against a top team

That's only the 3rd time in 11 first innings in Tests against India that Smith has made less than 46. He's made six 100s and a 92 in that span #AusvInd @DBrettig

Not being able to represent your country while playing domestic cricket in another country is what had taken away the protea fire. Couple that with a domestic league that's got weaker and wesker year in year because players are looking to earn better money overseas.... Less crowds at all matches takes away more oxygen from the fire.

It's a combination of poor local management and ridiculous international rules

Not being able to represent your country while playing domestic cricket in another country is what had taken away the protea fire. Couple that with a domestic league that's got weaker and wesker year in year because players are looking to earn better money overseas.... Less crowds at all matches takes away more oxygen from the fire.

well Kolpak is done thanks to brexit, so that might change one stream of talent drying up

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/cricket/domestic/england-cricket-board-to-cancel-all-kolpak-player-registrations--667d3ee1-1a88-4560-8755-da579d5e1fea

That 4 Day Franchise matches get played during the work week doesn't help as well. And neither does the Provincial tier underneath the Franchise set up as most people are entirely unaware of it and it also has full first class status which skews the stats somewhat. Our domestic game needs an overhaul but I am unsure if anyone has any idea of how to do it.

The very first instance in all of Test cricket that all 11 batsmen, and extras, couldn't cross single-figures in an innings. The highest score was Mayank Agarwal who made 9.

India scores 36 to, eventually, lose the 1st Test, against Australia.

The very first instance in all of Test cricket that all 11 batsmen, and extras, couldn't cross single-figures in an innings. The highest score was Mayank Agarwal who made 9.

at 9/21 we came very close to achieving this

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/australia-tour-of-south-africa-2011-12-514013/south-africa-vs-australia-1st-test-514029/full-scorecard

Also India's lowest total in Test cricket. Hazlewood and Cummins just blew them away. Absolutely superb stuff from them.

Big Vern's debut! That was an epic match. Good memories.

and Imran Tahir's test debut!

and this thread's debut!!!

go back to page 1 and watch it play out in slow motion!

SA start second innings. All out for 96 first innings.

and Imran Tahir's test debut!

and this thread's debut!!!

go back to page 1 and watch it play out in slow motion!

Hmmmm I forgot that's the game Tahir debut.

Might do that. The slow mo replay, that is.