What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

so I've finally found and have bought the watch I've wanted for a while. unfortunately it'll be delivered to a friend in the UK and I may only get it in a few months time. Feels like Christmas

Tissot prc200 pre 2013 with the white face

Very nice.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1969 Omega Flightmaster.  Passed down from my dad.

Interesting story on how my dad got this watch.  Some of you older guys may remember the Charcoal Haven Restaurant near South Beach in Durban.  We owned that. 

Well, for a week, an out-of-town customer came in every night an would order a T-Bone steak and a beer.  He always paid cash.  Then, on the last night, when it came time to pay the bill, he realised he had forgotten his wallet at his hotel, so he left this watch and a massive solid silver bracelet as security while he walked back to the hotel to fetch it.  We never saw him again!  Back then, the bill for his meal would have been less than R10.00!

Does anyone know where I can get inexpensive leather straps in SA, or specially cape town

the watch I've bought is being delivered to a UK address next week and I may only get it in August at the moment. Can someone recommend a reliable and not too expensive option tO have it posted from the UK to SA

was at the waterfront over the week end and I discovered they have a tissot dealer there :thumbup:

so I tried on the v8 and the prs200..... they are now on my wish list

Anyone know where to get NATO/Nylon watch straps in JHB area?

http://www.natostrap.com/Home/Home.html

Only place I could find. Ordered one and it arrived and was the wrong size. They replaced it without asking for the incorrect one back and with no questions asked. Took about a week to arrive with door-to-door. What size are you looking for?

Been wearing it on my Garmin fenix 2 for some months now and it's great.

I have now upgraded my F2 to the F3 - if the metal band fails to provide the requisite comfort during running, NATO will be relocated. 

post-19851-0-06081100-1431432894_thumb.jpg

http://www.natostrap.com/Home/Home.html

Only place I could find. Ordered one and it arrived and was the wrong size. They replaced it without asking for the incorrect one back and with no questions asked. Took about a week to arrive with door-to-door. What size are you looking for?

Been wearing it on my Garmin fenix 2 for some months now and it's great.

I have now upgraded my F2 to the F3 - if the metal band fails to provide the requisite comfort during running, NATO will be relocated. 

attachicon.gifIMG_5022.JPG

Thanks!

I need a 22mm for my Pebble.

Also looking at the F3 - where did you get yours?

Thanks!

I need a 22mm for my Pebble.

Also looking at the F3 - where did you get yours?

www.clevertraining.com

Had it delivered to a mate's hotel in Washington and he bought it back for me. Use the DC Rainmaker discount coupon, you'll get 10% off the purchase price.

www.clevertraining.com

Had it delivered to a mate's hotel in Washington and he bought it back for me. Use the DC Rainmaker discount coupon, you'll get 10% off the purchase price.

yup, that sounds good. the $40 shipping and 15% VAT is putting me off though