What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

49 minutes ago, capediver said:

Its spectacular, and a bit of a nod to the Rolex "James Cameron" Deepsea SeaDweller "D-Blue/Big Blue" ...have a connection there too..he chartered one of our vessels for the dive to the bottom of the Marianas Trench in 2012...the "D-Blue" was born in 2014 from that event...

image.png.9220e249c817593e2071e5aef7c858b4.pngimage.png.80d55e6bae5b4a8dbf6caca43d1a43e5.png

Stunning 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/22/2024 at 10:41 AM, justinafrika said:

It only provides a platform for sellers and buyers.  Despite their assurances, loads of fong kongs have been sold.  They also charge retailers and dealers a fee for each sale, so there’s a good chance that you might get a better deal from an official retailer on eBay.  

I’ve had good Orient deals on eBay, quick too.  The Blue Ray took 3 days to get from midwest USA to my local post office.  Despite being only two blocks from me, the post office took 5 days to notify me.  0% duty on watches (just checked the SARS site to ensure it’s unchanged) but you will be charged VAT.

I very much like the blue versions of the Mako and Ray and Kamasu, striking sunburst blue dials.  Green Kamasu is great too imo.  

Sorry 

A bit late to the party.

You can also try Lug 2 Lug 

https://lugtolug.co.za/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqdi3zLTshAMVAUFBAh3dkw_iEAAYASAAEgJkTvD_BwE

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2023 at 10:16 AM, Wyatt Earp said:

Go Bokke 

IMG_6703.jpeg

Where are you guys buying straps from? Online?

12 hours ago, Berg Man said:

Where are you guys buying straps from? Online?

Hi Berg Man

This is the best place, always pick priority mail.

2-3 days from Sweden and your stuff is here.

Prices are good and nato and paratrooper straps are good quality.

www.cnswatchbands.com

Rubber straps I get locally from www.lugtolug.co.za

Edited by Wyatt Earp

2 hours ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Hi Beeg Man

This is the best place, always pick priority mail.

2-3 days from Sweden and your stuff is here.

Prices are good and nato and paratrooper straps are good quality.

www.cnswatchbands.com

Rubber straps I get locally from www.lugtolug.co.za

Thanks so much. Are the lu2lug Nato not very nice, or is it just a preference for you?

6 hours ago, Berg Man said:

Thanks so much. Are the lu2lug Nato not very nice, or is it just a preference for you?

His straps are good, as good as you will get from CNS.

I buy often from Roelf, his rubber straps are superior to the ones from CNS.

His nato straps are brilliant quality, the only reason I order from CNS is for color variation and also they keep the single pass paratrooper straps.

Roelf does the Marine National which isn’t single pass, I need single pass for my FXD’s with their fixed springbars.IMG_8897.jpeg.2e0dfd2c1ef1f8b183a930bb73c6f488.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2024 at 6:20 PM, Wyatt Earp said:

Feeling like James Bond today 

IMG_1460.jpeg

IMG_1464.jpeg

99.9999% of digital watches do nothing for me, but boy this is an exception. As a design detail, if they could have made that small raised bevel around the display flat I would consider it perfect- but that’s just me with a fetish for flush finish faces (and alliteration apparently).

8 hours ago, patham said:

99.9999% of digital watches do nothing for me, but boy this is an exception. As a design detail, if they could have made that small raised bevel around the display flat I would consider it perfect- but that’s just me with a fetish for flush finish faces (and alliteration apparently).

Thats what I love about Hamilton.

Although now Swiss owned under the Swatch group, they have a strong appreciation to their heritage and their American Classics.

The Pulsar was the worlds first digital watch, it was seen as a "computer" when it came out.

They had a solid gold version that cost more than a car, it was worn by people like Nixon and Elvis as well as many other prominent people.

What I like about the PSR, its a 99 % true reissue of the original Pulsar, even down to the bracelet (except for the butterfly clasp)

The Crystal on the original was raised and thick being an LCD screen.

This modern day reissue has a dual LED and LCD screen so you can read the time in sunlight as well. Its actually quite crazy when you have it on the wrist, you cant stop looking at the crystal and its bevels from all the different angles.

The watch was made even more famous when James Bond appeared on the screen with one.

It is very special to my collection especially for the fact that I lusted after one since I was 5 years old :)

Bond.webp

Pulsar.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Thats what I love about Hamilton.

Although now Swiss owned under the Swatch group, they have a strong appreciation to their heritage and their American Classics.

The Pulsar was the worlds first digital watch, it was seen as a "computer" when it came out.

They had a solid gold version that cost more than a car, it was worn by people like Nixon and Elvis as well as many other prominent people.

What I like about the PSR, its a 99 % true reissue of the original Pulsar, even down to the bracelet (except for the butterfly clasp)

The Crystal on the original was raised and thick being an LCD screen.

This modern day reissue has a dual LED and LCD screen so you can read the time in sunlight as well. Its actually quite crazy when you have it on the wrist, you cant stop looking at the crystal and its bevels from all the different angles.

The watch was made even more famous when James Bond appeared on the screen with one.

It is very special to my collection especially for the fact that I lusted after one since I was 5 years old :)

Bond.webp

Pulsar.jpeg

Thanks for the back story, learnt something new today.